Chapter 16

Y/n's POV

I stood on the tallest mountain, watching the fleet of boats near the shore. The clouds darkened and rain shot down heavily. I watched the boats come to shore. The anchors were thrown to the ground and the viking warriors jumped out of the boat, weapons in hand. I smiled to myself. I moved from the mountain to the forest, near the invaders.

"Are you sure this is the right island?" One warrior asked. 

"Yes, I'm sure" What I assumed was the captain responded.

"You said this island is full of dragons, I don't see any dragons" Another man said. I appeared from behind them.

"Maybe you're not looking in the right places" I stated. The invaders suddenly turned around to face me, axes and swords pointing at me.

"Who are you?" The captain asked.

"The ruler of the island" I simply replied. The men looked at each other.

"You? A leader? Are you having a joke?" One man asked, holding back a laugh. I looked them in the eye.

"You tell me" I replied.

"There is no way you could run this island. There is no way you could survive here on your own" Another man said. I raised my eyebrow.

"I mean, an island alone with dragons. It's a complete joke" A soldier stated, a few men laughed along.

"Yeah, who'd believe that such a small woman could run such a dangerous and lifeless island like this?" A man bellowed. I smirked. I quickly snatched out a knife and threw it at their head. The man toppled over. The intruders watched him fall before turning to me.

"Anyone else?" I asked. 

A soldier charged at me with a sword. I whipped out my twin swords before clashing mine against his. I tripped him onto the ground before stabbing him in the gut. My swords were shot out of my hands. I looked at them now lying on the floor, before looking back and staring at a soldier who held a crossbow.

"That was rude" I stated. I held onto my axe before throwing it towards the soldier, knocking him to the ground. 

"Very good, but you're out of weapons" The captain stated.

"Weapons are overrated" I shrugged. I ran towards another warrior and grabbed their collar before throwing him into the sky. He was caught by Firestrike and thrown onto the ground. Firestrike landed next to me, glaring at the warriors. 

"Is that.. a night fury?" The captain asked out of disbelief.

"This is your last chance. Leave. I will not torment you, you shall leave in peace and I will not harm you or where you have come from" I threatened.

"We came for the dragons. We are not leaving without them"  A soldier said. 

"Very well" I sighed before whistling. 

All the dragons of the island came down and started to pick people up before dumping them into the sea. I left the captain and his soldiers who looked about in fear. Once done the dragons were done, they returned to the mountain.

"You're a controller of dragons. Oh my, this is great. We could join forces and if you give me the dragons, I will leave this place and never return. What do you say to that?" The captain suggested. 

"No" I replied. The captain frowned at me before looking at Firestrike who stood beside me.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"The dragons are my family, I will never give them up, no matter the price" I said, glaring at him.

"Alright, be like that. I will get those dragons either way" He seethed.