Chapter 15

Hiccup's POV

-A few days later-

I stepped outside of my house, rubbing my eyes. I've gotten barely any sleep. I walked through the town towards the hall. As I walked into the hall I felt as if everyone was staring at me, I decided to ignore it. I looked forward and saw that the gang wasn't there. I frowned before walking out of the hall.

As I walked out of the hall I crashed into something and I was knocked to the floor. I looked up and saw Toothless smiling down at me. I stood up and walked past him, he soon caught up with me.

"Not today, Bud" I said in a glum voice. He didn't listen and started prodding me with his nose.

"Toothless.." I groaned. He gurgled before he carried on prodding me. This is not the right time.

"Toothless, stop it!" I shouted. He instantly stopped and cowered back slightly. 

"I'm sorry, bud. I just don't want to fly today" I explained before walking back to the house. Just as I stepped up to my house I felt a pair of claws catch me and fly away from my house. I was soon thrown onto Toothless' back. I looked around and saw Astrid and the rest of the gang, minus Fishlegs.

"Astrid" I groaned.

"Come on, Hiccup. It's about time you have some fun again, to take your mind off what happened" Astrid reasoned.

"What are we doing?" I asked. 

"Racing. Your favourite activity. I thought it might cheer you up" Astrid replied. I gave in. The people in the town crowded in the stands. The race carried through just like the old days. I ended up winning, which put a smile on my face.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed that" Astrid called out. I smiled gently. 

*

The group sat in the hall, laughing and joking together. I smiled at the group. I forgot how much fun I had with these guys. I looked behind me and saw Toothless smiling down at me, I smiled back at him. 

"We aren't completely useless" Ruff said. I gave her a questioning look.

"Yeah, we stopped that forest fire remember?" Tuff finished.

"Yeah, but with my help" I replied. The gang laughed.

The doors suddenly burst open. Meatlug came flying in, panic on her face. We all shared a confused look. I stood up and walked over to her. 

"Meatlug? What are you doing here?" I asked. Meatlug started to fly out. I decided to follow her, the gang followed.

We ended up inside Fishleg's house, with a panicked Fishlegs sat in his bed. He looked around the room with worried eyes. 

"Fishlegs, what is it?" I asked. 

"I saw it" He replied in a shaky voice.

"Saw what?" Tuff asked. Fishlegs started to sweat.

"The end of Berk" He replied. Everyone shared a confused look.

"What?" I asked, voice full of confusion.

"I saw the end of Berk" Fishlegs said in a scared tone.

"What do you mean by the end of Berk?" Snotlout asked. 

"I saw it fall. I saw it get destroyed. The mountains falling into the village" He stated. Astrid looked at Fishlegs with a concerned look. 

"How do you know it wasn't just a dream?" She asked.

"It was too real" Fishlegs replied.

"What did you see?" I asked. Fishlegs looked at me before taking in a deep breath.

"The village was on fire, the mountain was crashing through the village as well. The clouds were black. All of the dragons were fighting with each other. All other islands had been destroyed as well. We are trapped and  defenseless. Without a chief" Fishlegs explained, looking at me. I sucked in a breath.

"Anything else?" Ruff asked, genuinely worried for the first time ever.

"Yeah. There was thunder and lightning shooting everywhere, with Y/n in the middle of it" Fishlegs finished. 

I was taken aback. I need to stop this from happening, once all of this starts it won't stop. We can't go to Y/n because she will kill us.

"Hiccup. What should we do?" Astrid asked. Everyone looked to me.

"We prepare".