Chapter 19

When we reach the garden, a gasp escapes my lips. The trees are being plucked be the likeness of four dozen, men, women, and children. All of which are Jotun.

When I look to Loki, he share the same shock as I. When he snaps out of it, he steps forward to help a child, much too short, pluck a fruit.

As the child looks up at Loki, she gasps "You are the destroyer of Jotunheim! But our king? Why would you lay waste to your kingdom, only to restore it?"

"And you?" Loki looks down at the girl "You are the bright fortune seer of your age?" The girl nods and Loki kneels to her level "Then look into my mind. Fore, I can not explain myself without perspective."

The survivors step forward to watch as the girl enters Loki's mind. We stand in silence, until the girl backs away and looks at Loki "My king, after a millennia and a half, you have returned the casket home!"

Loki stands and turns to his people "The destruction of Jotunheim was needed for peace between Asgard and Jotunheim! What is twenty-five years compared to fifteen hundred?" Loki nods "I am truly sorry for what I've done to this kingdom. I will understand, if you wish to hold a meeting of the tellers to overthrow me."

My friends give an odd look and I whisper "The tellers decide if the king will cause chaos or bring about peace."

"What happens if I they overthrow him?" Bruce asks and I shake my head, knowing that he'll be assassinated.

The little girl walks over to an old man and they turn their backs. When they turns back, the people look to them and the girl speaks "The lost son of Laufey has returned! Our king!"

Loki bows his head, before pulling Jormungandr towards him "The successor to the throne of Jotunheim, will pass to my son, Jormungandr, once he I see him fit!"

Jormungandr looks up to Loki in shock "I'm a prince?" Loki smiles down at him and Jormungandr looks back to me "Dad, did you know?"

A smile creeps across my face and I nod as Loki explains "A marriage has made peace between Asgard and Jotunheim! My own!"

Loki looks back to me and motions me forward. Once I take his hand, he explains "The successor to Asgard's throne, is to be our daughter!"

The people erupt with commotion, and Loki whispers to me "Get them out of here. I'll come back to Asgard in a couple of days."

In an instant, we're back in Asgard "What just happened?" Tony asks.

"Loki needs to be alone with his people." I state, before walking back towards the castle.

~

I'm awaken by the feeling of someone standing over me. When I look, Loki stands next to our bed "Hey, how's everything on Jotunheim?"

That's when I take in his body. He's soaking wet, and he has a dagger in hand "Loki? What's wrong?"

When he raises it above his head, I know I'm fucked. His dagger ends up in my stomach and I scream out for a guard as I knock him back onto the ground. As I hold him down, he laughs wickedly and I find his eyes are a bright blue in the moonlight.

Once the guards show up, he pulls the dagger out of my stomach and holds it to his neck "Loki, look at yourself!"

"My father tried to kill yours in his sleep! I was only trying to live up to my father!" he smirks mischievously, before pressing the dagger down.

Instantly, I smack the dagger out of his hand and hold his arms down "Loki, you're not in your right mind!"

He just gives an insane laugh as the guards pull him off.

~

I shoe the doctor off as the Avengers and the warriors walk up. I shake my head "It's like Jotunheim is making him insane."

Not two seconds later, Heimdall darts in and huffs "I didn't even see Loki! I haven't since I went to bed!"

"I need to visit him." I state, before leading them into the dungeons.

In his old cell, Loki sits, tossing a ball on a wall. He doesn't even look my way as he chuckles "You and your possy of rodents. Honestly, what are they to us? Like a snowflake in a blizzard."

"Look at me." I demand and he tosses the ball at me, only for it to shrivel in the force field "Look at your king!"

"You are not my king!" he hisses, glancing his foggy blue eyes at me. Barton gasps and Loki looks away.

"His eyes!" Natasha hisses, causing Loki to sigh "Barton's were the same during New York!"

"What the hell is on Jotunheim?" Tony asks as I look over Loki "So, is he under mind control, like Barton was?"

I nod and Loki glares at me, when Steve asks "So how do we snap him out of it? How'd you do it, Rominoff?"

"She beat the shit out of me." Barton states.

In an instant, I turn to them "If there's any chance that my child will get hurt, I'm not doing it."

"Maybe we can appeal to him, mental?" Sif asks, before explaining "Draw Loki out emotionally."

I nod, before scratching my forehead "Okay, bring Slephnir down here. We'll see what happens."

When the warriors disappear, I pace in front of the cell. Loki chuckles "That half-breed, mutt, doesn't mean shit to me."

"I don't believe that." I state as he rolls his eyes "Because, I can see the light in Loki's eyes when he sees Slephnir."

He scoffs, before shaking his head "If I could murder thousands of people in New York, what makes you think I could care for anything?"

An idea lingers in my brain and I lead my friends out of the dungeon, along with Heimdall.

Once outside, I shake my head "I should have seen it before! But Loki and I've never talked about New York!"

"My king?" Heimdall asks as I continue to ramble "What are you thinking about?"

"Loki was a trickster, yes. He slaughtered innocent Jotuns because, mentally, he'd be killing himself. But nothing about that had anything to do with Midgard, other than the fact that I was banished there. But he couldn't care about me, then, could he?"

"You're rambling." Natasha states and I sigh "Spit it out."

"I'm saying that he only lashes out at something he hates!" I remark, before continuing "And he's never been on Midgard before he dropped off the face of Asgard! So why would he lash out on Midgard?"

"Because the Tesseract was there." Steve states, before sighing in understanding "And Thanos wanted the Tesseract."

"And his scepter is what he used to control Barton's mind." I remind, before explaining "Thanos must have given it to him. But, if I was there, and he didn't want to hurt Midgard, why didn't he ask for help?"

"You think Thanos got into Loki's mind?" Tony asks and I nod.

"And Banner knocked him out of it when the Hulk gave him the royal beat down." I state, pointing to Banner.

"Why didn't he tell you that before?" Banner asks and I give him a knowing look "Yeah, I wouldn't believe him either."

"And he got Thanos back, by destroying the tesseract." Heimdall states, a smile toying at his lips.