Chapter 1

Rainy days on Asgard are nothing compared to rainy days on Midgard. The sky looks for any target it can find, and I can not control it like I can on Midgard. When the sky locks onto you, there's no escaping it. There's only running.

On this day, I run for cover and end up in the stables. At first, I think I'm the only one here. But then I hear someone trying to calm a horse "Hello?" I call out.

He steps out of the stable with a weak smile on his face "Taking cover from the storm, aren't you, my king?"

After we stopped the dark elves, Loki was released from imprisonment, but disowned by Odin. He now works the stables, as the old shepard died during the dark elf invasion.

"It's been years." I smile back at him, before stepping forward "How has life been? Have you found maiden?"

"There have been lovers." he nods, before clearing his throat and resting his hand on the horse in front of him "But nobody wants to wed a stable boy. Nobody wants to bare a snakes child." he takes a shovel from the stall, before closing the door and placing it elsewhere "Why aren't you on Migard with the mortal you love?" he asks politely.

"People stop loving each other." I admit, before he smirks and I nod "Yeah, she dumped me. If I'm being completely honest."

He shrugs, before pointing up "I'm going to wash up, upstairs. Do as you wish, my king. This stable is my home, but your kingdom."

He starts up the stairs and I follow him. His home is very small. All there is, is a bed, and wash room. He stands in the washroom, washing his burly chest. He's grown more muscular in his exial.

When he sees me in the metal, he turns and kneels down me "My king, do you wish for me to serve you?"

"Loki, stop." I insist and he gives a bewildered frown "Don't kneel in front of me. I do not wish you to treat me as your king."

"But I am no more than a servant of you, my king." he states, standing upright "If you saw fit, you can condemn me to live in Jotunheim, with the ruin of my people."

"I wouldn't do that." I insure, stepping into the wash room and examining him as he puts his shirt back on.

His hair is at curly mess. He wears the same clothes he wore in his cell, when he was broken "My king?"

"Those lovers, who were they?" I ask and he begs my pardon, before I explain "What jobs do they keep?"

He gives an annoyed look as he sets his jaw. Finally, be sighs "Barkeep, Blacksmith, Stonemason."

"Men?" I ask with a smirk playing on my lips. He nods, before looking to the ground "Not to worry, dear friend." he looks up to me and I smirk "I have known for a while now. I've had an eye on you."

I give a cheeky smile, before stepping forward "There's a peasant man, who wants to become stable boy, so he can provide for his family."

He gives an anxious look "I'm sorry my king, but this is the only home I possess. I can not give it to another."

"But you belong elsewhere." I insist, stepping closer to him with a little smile "You belong in the castle!"

"But I am not royalty, my king!" he reminds, before bringing up "And Odin wouldn't have me there!"

"Odin has gone to live on Midgard." I state, stepping a foot away from him "And you're not royalty. But a servant of your king."

"You would have me as a maid?" he asks. When I shake my head, he frowns in confusion "I don't understand, my king. How could I serve you?"