FIVE , VITAL TRUTHS

Start from the beginning

"Fantastic," Raphael sent a smile in his direction, "egg roll?"

"Hell yeah!"

Stiles began to laugh nervously as Derek walked over to Scott's dad, starting to discuss what Chinese food they wanted. He wiped his hand against his forehead, feeling his skin start to cool from suddenly being let off of the hook.

"Thank god Derek knows Spanish," Harper muttered so only he could hear.

"Yeah, fantastic," Stiles replied sarcastically, just as Isaac came bounding down the stairs.

"Oh, Chinese food," he grinned.

...

"SO, MIGUEL, WHAT DID YOU SAY YOUR LAST NAME WAS AGAIN?" Raphael asked as they all sat around the table, plates of Chinese food in front of them.

Isaac looked up from where he had a mouthful of noodles in his mouth, looking between everybody on the table strangely. Harper shot him a warning glare, telling him not to speak up.

"Oh, it's Juarez... Cinqua... Tiago," Stiles replied casually.

Derek raised his brows, amused.

"That's a mouthful," Isaac teased, leaning back in his seat with a small smirk on his face, "how do you spell that?"

Stiles gave Isaac a look of pure hatred while Derek turned to him, pulling a frown and shrugging.

"Phonetically," Harper answered when she realised Stiles had no clue what to say.

"So, how was school today?" Raphael asked them all, however only really looking between Harper and Isaac.

Isaac sent a fake smile at the new man of the house, "it was fine."

"Same old, same old," Harper replied, "maths, history, English..."

That was another one of the lies that she had told Raphael today, seeing as she, Stiles and Scott ditched straight after the first period to go and find Derek. He didn't need to know that, though.

"Good," he murmured, shovelling a forkful of rice into his mouth.

Harper knew what Raphael McCall was doing- trying to be a better person for his son. She had overheard them arguing a few weeks ago about Harper and Isaac's living arrangements until Scott reminded him angrily that the two didn't have any fathers, and if he wanted to stick around, he had to treat them like he did Scott. The gesture was sweet enough, but it made Harper feel a little awkward.

Derek's eyes flickered over to Raphael's badge sprawled across the table, his brows raising as he gained interest.

"Mr McCall," he spoke up, "you're an FBI agent?"

"He's low level," Stiles responded before the man in question even had a chance, "very low level. He doesn't even have a voice."

Derek ignored the Stilinski boy, "so you investigate murders?"

"Sometimes," Scott's dad nodded, "when it's a federal crime."

"What about fires?"

"Oh my god!" Stiles cried, "I wonder where Scott is. Shouldn't Scott be here by now? We should call Scott."