Don't Underestimate A Genius

Rosella and Parch had fled the school. Aria stayed behind to make sure nobody had a panic attack over it while the pair headed for the Sand Kingdom.

The absence was noted almost immediately by Rosella and Parch's friends, but no one really thought much of it. The two had a habit of sneaking off together for long amounts of time and then returning, never telling anyone where they had gone or what they'd done.

But when Teal, being the overprotective sibling he was, went looking for Rosella and found nothing, he got a little worried. He asked around, but no one had seen his sister or her obvious lover all day.

So, naturally, Teal went looking for the most intelligent dragon besides himself that would be willing to help him, and may even have an idea of where his sister was.

Teal barged into the library, scanning the room for any intelligent dragon who might be able to help him. His eyes landed on Sage, who was, big surprise, curled up with yet another scroll.

Sage sighed at the scroll she was reading and shook her head.

"What happened now?" Teal asked, approaching. She stared at scroll, shaking her head.

"Oh Madoc. He's a cruel, bloodthirsty murderer, but he tries to be a good father."

".....What?" Teal raised an eyebrow. Sage glanced up, closing the scroll.

"Sorry. Fantasy stories are weird." She explained. "What's up?"

"Have you seen Rosella or Parch lately?"

"Nope."

"Do you know where they might be?"

"Haven't the foggiest." Teal rolled his eyes.

"Well aren't you helpful." Sage rolled her eyes right back.

"Fine, you want the honest answer? They're probably hiding away in some cave, making out or plotting a murder. 50/50 chance. If not, try the music cave, the art cave, the Prey Center, their sleeping caves, or the room where the Dragonets of Destiny keep their pathetic weapons box. If they're not in any of those places, alert the authorities because they've either been kidnapped or have eloped and are on a honeymoon in the Sea Kingdom." Teal stared, trying to comprehend that.

"They didn't ELOPE," he insisted. 

"And what makes you so sure?" Sage questioned.

"....I don't know..." He admitted. "But I've checked everywhere in the school, and they're not here, and no one has seen them all day."

"Then go ask Deathbringer if there's been any sign of a break-in in the last twenty-four hours. That is, if Deathbringer has been doing the job he was assigned instead of flirting with Glory and forcing a gay couple out of the closet."

"How do you KNOW this?!?" Sage shrugged.

"You've got your ways, I've got mine."

"But you never leave the library!"

"I know. I'm just a highly observant dragon, Teal, and I have intelligence." She offered, getting up and grabbing one of the spare sheets of paper Starflight kept in the library. Not even bothering to glance at Teal, she started writing on it. "For instance, I know that you're going to want to search the entirety of Pyrrhia to locate your sister, so perhaps I can save you a lot of time and energy." She handed him the paper, which had a list of names on it.

"What's this?" He asked.

"A list of the most likely dragons that Rosella and Parch would be with. Seeing as they've been missing for under a day, I recommend you start with those dragons located in the Sand Kingdom. It's bound to be their first stop." Teal gaped at her.

"Three moons, you're a genius." 

"I know." Sage said boredly.

"Why do you even go to this school? You're smarter then half the teachers!" Sage shrugged and grinned.

"Gotta get scrolls from somewhere." She smiled. "And besides, this place is pretty cool. I'll stick around as long as there's dragons worth talking to." Teal half-smiled.

"Well, I like to think I'm a dragon worth talking to." He replied. Sage smirked.

"Yeah, you would think that, wouldn't you?"