The Time is Now

(Y/N) POV

After discussing things with the teachers about the goblet of fire it was decided. Hogwarts has three champions now. They were trying to have both of us or at least Harry removed. The reason for that is because i was closer to seventeen then Harry.

I honestly didn't know what to think. Here i am just trying to enjoy the magical world, although that hasn't been working out as of late, now i'm thrown in a tournament where i am possibly killed ? Unacceptable.

Who put that name in that bloody cup ?

Bloody ?

When did i start saying that ?

Anyway, i was walking into the Gryffindor common room. Once i entered though the air became immensely intense. All chatter inside stopped immediately. That's when i knew it. No matter the friendships i built with the Gryffindors, i wasn't welcome with them anymore. They seemed to be glaring at me within the depths of their souls. Those accusing eyes. I gave each of them a pleading look. These were my friends, they had to know that i wouldn't put my name in the cup...right ?

Knowing that it was my last day in the gryffindor common room, i didn't want to waste my time arguing with them. I knew i waa innocent. Besides i had packing to do. I walked up the steps, ignoring the stares.

As i walked into my room i noticed my phoneix bird was sleeping. I was then hit with another sudden realization. I was neglecting my bird. Of course as soon as Dumbledore found out that i had a phoneix bird, he told me about familiars, as well as how we are connected.

Seeing my bird sitting there asleep looking...lonely. Reminded me of my times as a kid.

Flashback:

It's my birthday!!! I was turning eight years old today. Of course everybody came. But i noticed one person...no two people who werent here. My mom and my dad. I always made a birthday wish to see my father. Maybe i finally fot my wish!!! Maybe that's why dad never showed!!! So he can surprise me later!!!

As my friends played soccer, i went into my house, searching for my family. Maybe they were trying to surprise me!!! Well not if i surprise them first!!

However, as i ran up the stairs i heared....crying ? It was coming from my moms room!

Bolting to my mom's room in happiness i smiled. Why ? Because she is obviously happy to see my dad. Those are happy tears. Right ?

However, as i opened the door i see my mom...curled up in a ball on the floor, holding a photo. I ran to my mom and instantly tried to find out what is wrong.

Hesitantly, my mom hugs my small form and buries her head into my chest. What was wrong ? Wasn't she supposed to be happy ?

My mom's sobs were tearing me up. It sounded so....broken. I didn't know how to feel. Scared ? Worried ? Angry ? Confused ? All of the above.

"M-Mom ? What's wrong ? Why aren't you happy ?"

She buried her head further into my chest.

"N-Nothing's wrong baby go back downstairs-"

"NO your crying and im going to stay by your side!!"

"Baby...nothing's wrong."

I could tell she was lying even at a young age. I knew she was devastated about something. Then it hit me. I looked at the picture in mom's hand. At closer look you can tell it was her. The guy next to her had his arm wrapped around her. Along with others surrounding them but my focus was on my parents. I then knew why she was crying.