3

I woke up to an empty bed. I frowned slightly before smelling a delicious fragrance. It was wafting through the whole house. I smiled and lifted my body out of the bed. I winced as pain shot through my thighs, wrists and a little in my neck. I groaned and rubbed them gently.

I wobbled down the hall, noticing Ethan's office door open, which was an unusual sight. I walked down the first flight of stairs to be met with his empty bedroom. I checked the time and it was 10am, he's usually still in bed.

I carried on down the hall and down the second flight of stairs. I walked into the kitchen and smiled at the sight of pancakes. Grayson looked in my direction as I shut the glass door behind me.

"I hope you're hungry. I made enough for three but Ethan was gone by the time I woke up. He left no note or text so I'm guessing it was important." Grayson said.

"I'm really hungry." I smiled, ignoring the conversation about Ethan.

Grayson looked over my body, seeing the bruises on it. He shook his head came over to me.

"You know, we don't have to do it today." He whispered.

"I'll see how much it hurts tonight, if I feel better then we can." I said.

He nodded and turned to the counter, lifting a plate and handing it to me.

"The toppings are on the table babe." He said, grabbing his own plate.

I smiled at the nickname, also blushing. I placed the plate on the table mat that was in my usual spot. I looked at the toppings and immediately grabbed the chocolate spread and strawberries. Grayson let out a little laugh and grabbed some whipped cream.

We ate our food and Grayson suddenly got a phone call. He sighed and pulled his phone out his pocket.

"Hello? Woah woah slow down E. What? Okay, I'll be right there."

This was the first time I had seen Grayson's face drop and his tone be so low. His face was full of worry and frustration.

"Y/n I need to, please clean this up and start to clean up the house. I don't know when either of us will be home. We might not even be home." He said, rushing to get his jacket.

"Oh yes, of course I can." I answered.

"Thanks." He said bluntly, quickly slipping on his shoes.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"It doesn't concern you." He said, walking through the door but hesitated.

"Do not leave this house, unless absolutely necessary. Got it?" He warned.

"Got it." I replied.

He left and the door slammed closed. It clicked to notify you it was locked. I was seriously confused.

"Weird." I said to myself.

His attitude changed with a phone call. He acted so frantic and scared. It must be something serious.

I ignored the urges to run after him for answers by cleaning up the table. I ran up the stairs to my room afterwards to grab some headphones, playing some music.

I started to lift clothes off my floor and put them in the hamper in the bathroom. I sorted out my closet so it was neat and tidy.

I soon finished my room and walked into the cold hall way. I shivered as I walked towards Ethan's office. I entered it without thinking and scrunched up my nose. Clothes, plates, cups and paper piled on the desks as well as the floor. I opened the window and grabbed the plates and cups.