CHAPTER XII: Man Up Man Down

I watched as he ran forward, eyes focused and determined, he looked like a man on a mission. It wasn't until he was stood right in front of me that I realised he'd caught me watching.

"Hi?"

He smirked, " You know, you really need to find a hobby outside of watching me run..."

The arrogant son of a bitch! I was not watching him, well not intentionally. Cheeks red I decided on my favourite response: deny, deny, deny. "Huh? What do you mean? This is all completely coincidental... Yeah." His smirk widened, funding amusant in my haphazard answer.

"Right, and I'm guessing the other day was also a coincidence?" Eyebrows raised, daring me to deny that as well.

"Well that time was more accidental... "

"Sure, anyway Sexy-"

"Circe."

"Sexy." God, he needed to stop calling me that. "If not to watch me play, why are you here?"

"Not that it's any of your business," I started, raising my own eyebrows, " My friend asked me to come down to watch him play."

"Yeah? They on the soccer team?" He asked.

"No, he plays lacrosse." I answered.

"Right, makes sense... Didn't really see you as a lacrosse kind of girl though?" He teased, stepping closer to me.

"Oh yeah? Well what 'kind of girl' do you think I am then?" Crossing my arms, fighting the urge to smile. God Circe, he's a dirty, cheating liar, stop giving in to his flirting!

"I'm not too sure my answer for that would be appropriate."

I gulped, this guy had to be kidding me, the horny fucker. "What makes you think I'm not a soccer girl?" I asked.

"A soccer girl yeah?" Hunter took another step towards me, "Why don't you show me your moves? Let's see what you can do with some balls..." My eyes widened as his filthy words registered in my brain, as cheesy as it was I couldn't help but feel a type of way. I took a step forward, our bodies millimetres away from touching. Gazing into his hazel eyes my brain finally caught on to my treacherous bodies movements.

Moving back I glared at him, "Stop acting like some sex-starved creep."

Hunter took another step forward, closing the gap once more, "Believe me, not everyone makes me react like this." What does even that mean?

Scrunching my face in disgust I noticed movement behind Hunter, the lacrosse boys were walking out across the pitch. Max was at the front, laughing at something one of his fellow teammates had said, his hair glinted in the sun, causing it to take on a golden sheen. Max truly was handsome, he could easily be a model, if only he wasn't so camera shy. He had the physique for it too, who knew playing lacrosse did that to a guy.

Hunter must have realised that my gaze had wondered because when I turned back to look at him, he was looking at the exact same person.

"Maximilian!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. His head shot up, meeting my gaze with a smile and jogged towards me.

"Hey!" Max greeted me when he got closer, he turned to Hunter and nodded his head, "It's been a while dude, how's it going?"

"It's good, you know, how's lacrosse? You guys still the school's worst team?" Hunter teased Max. What is going on?

"Ha! I think we all know that's the soccer team, I mean you should see these guy's captain! He can't even catch a ball, let alone kick it!"