CHAPTER IV: The Roommate

>> Circe and Aimmée's room <<

The room was much smaller than I was used to, but I was sure I would be able to make it work. By the time that I had finished unpacking all of the bags and the boxes that had been bought to my room for me, I was practically dead, so I threw myself onto my bed and lay back ready to pass out. After what felt like literally two seconds of closing my eyes (but was probably more like half an hour) I was interrupted by loud knocks on the door.

"Ugh." I groaned, making my way towards the banging.

"Hurry uuuuup!" Someone whined from the other side, god I hope this is some random girl and not someone I was going to have to live with. I got to the door, opening it to see a bright orange, platinum blonde. She stared me down as I tried to understand if she was wearing a dress or if she had just found a piece of fabric and wrapped it around her chest.

I shook my head, erasing the offensive thoughts from my head and smiled at her, "Hi, I'm guessing you're my new roommate?" She stared me dead in the eye, before rolling them and pushing past me into my — or should I say 'our' — room. Great!

"I hope you don't mind, but I just went ahead and decorated a little." I said, trying to make conversation.

She looked around, "It will do. I'm taking the bed furthest from the window by the way, I can't stand waking up to a bright light, and the UV rays are bad for my skin."

"Fine with me." I spoke with gritted teeth, "I'm Circe by the way."

"Aimmée. Spelt A-I-M-M-E-E, with an accent over the first 'e'. C'est Français." She paused and looked me up and down before adding, "That means 'It's French' btw."

"Cool." I muttered, disinterested. "Well I'm going to go take a walk around campus, so I'll let you settle down or whatever."

Glad for the excuse to get out of that room, I grabbed a my coat, shoes and (after noting the low temperature), a scarf and left with no idea where I was going to go. I thought it would be a good idea to try and work out how to navigate the school before I started, so I walked to the campus, which was only a five minute walk from my dorm and went to open the door, only to find it locked, great!

Today was really not my day.

I left my destination and wandered around the building, trying to peer into the windows, intrigued by what my classes would look like. As I tiptoed to look into what appeared to be a science lab, judging from the high tables and Bunsen burners on each of the tables, I began to hear shouts. Being the noisy person that I am, my first instinct was to investigate. I walked towards the sound, finding myself by the bleachers of what appeared to be a pitch. My eyes were instantly drawn to a figure running up and down the halfway line, and stopping in the middle for burpees— ew. I never really was interested in sport, I occasionally attended my brothers' soccer games but apart from that I'd always found it quite boring. But, as I stood watching this guy run back and forth, I was transfixed.

I don't know how long I'd been watching but I definitely know my stamina would never last long.

Suddenly, the guy stopped and bent over, probably for a chance to breathe, the gym shorts paired with him bent like that did not leave much to the imagination (luckily for me). However, my staring was interrupted when he stood back up and looked directly up at me.

My cheeks flushed red as I realised how stalker-ish I probably looked right now, fucking great(!) Turning on my heels ready to walk out of the field.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" The voluptuous figure shouted.

fuck fuck fuck fuck

"I was just, ugh, trying to find my way around before school started," I called out, "got a bit lost."

He started to walk towards me, oh gosh I was going to have to make conversation, great! Fixed in place I just stood there as he sauntered my way, he's got great legs as well, oof. His face came into view and I realised it was the boy I bumped into earlier at the administration office.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to practice here," He looked down at me, his skin glistening with sweat, "Hello?"

My face turned even more red, something I didn't even think was possible. "What are you practicing for?" I asked, trying to avert the conversation away from my paedophilic actions.

"Soccer, now stop tryna avoid the question, who are you anyway?"

"I'm new here-"

"Really, you don't say," He said with an amused expression, " You were at the administration office today weren't you?"

Annoyed I crossed my arms, " No need to be rude," I poured' and yes I was, I'm Circe-"

"Sexy?" He asked, his eyebrows raised, "Someones a  bit cocky," laughing, he looked me up and down, "Not wrong though." He winked.

"Um, thanks? And it's Circe, like Sir-See, who are you?" I told him, flustered. He gave me a compliment, I think?

"Hunter," he said as he looked over his shoulder, a group of boys rushed out of a door on the other side of the pitch, "I have practice now, it was nice meeting you Sexy." Hunter laughed and jogged towards the rest of his team.

I turned around and walked away, a smile gracing my lips, maybe this school wouldn't be so bad.