Chapter 3: Natasha

Stupid cocky Stark.

Why couldn't he just shut up for once in his life?!

He just has to bring up Natasha's past, causing her to violently attack him.

It was a nice and peaceful afternoon, or at least it was supposed to be.

Not many know, but Stark isn't the only one with panic attacks or a bad past.

Especially when you're forced to be an assassin for so long, not knowing who you are and your whereabouts.

Well that was exactly Natasha's past life.

Every now and then, some flashbacks would come up, causing her to break down and cry, similar to Stark.

She had just recovered from one, and was now desperately trying to do everything normal and pretend it never happened. Everything was fine, with Steve and Clint watching T.V, and the others eating lunch as well.

But then Stark came in. He looked around for a moment, then decided to sit next to Natasha.

He didn't need to come in, he could've just stayed in his place in the lab.

Because that's where he belongs.

"Hey Nat." Stark grumbled in a sad tone.

Rolling her eyes, Natasha turned around from her chair, placed her wine glass down, and stared at him blankly.

"What, Stark."

Tony looked at her in confusion. "I—uh, just wanted to say hi."

An awkward silence swept over the room.

"D-Did you ever continue The Office? Remember we used to watch it every night, usually one or two episodes and we stopped at season 4, but then—"

"I finished it." Natasha spat in annoyance.

"Oh, you did."

"Yes. With Clint. What more do you want?"

"I just wanted to know so I could finish it with you, but I guess not."

"Ok."

Natasha turned back in her direction and continued to lightly sip her wine glass.

"You know, we have a lot more in common that you think." Tony said, sounding desperate.

Already angry, Natasha clenched her wine glass hard and harshly slammed it on the table, just enough not to break it.

"What. The hell. Is your point Stark?" Natasha spat while standing up and turning at him.

"Well, I mean we both had bad trauma."

"Ok, so?" Natasha scoffed.

"I'm just saying that maybe we could uh, restart The Office?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? What is the point of this conversation."

"I-uh..."

I just want a friend.

"I mean, you did have a traumatizing Russia experience." Tony finally blurted out, trying to get out of the mess he just made.

"Especially with all the mind-control and stuff..." Tony's words faded out.

No. No more.

It was so easy to trigger it.

Everything began coming back to her. The scientists. The ballerinas. The guns. The blood. Her parents.