Chapter 4: Thor part 2

Before

A ray of sun shined down on Tony's room. The dim light reflected all over, revealing a beautifully empty lab. You could see the dust in the rays of sun, making the lab look so old yet peaceful.

Tony groaned and rolled over, as he began to wake up. He sat up and noticed an immediate headache. Remembering the previous night, he realised this was his hangover.

But today he didn't wake up wanting to go back to sleep. He didn't want to stay in bed or stay asleep. Usually he wants to stay asleep forever, wishing to go to a happier place in his dreams. He wants to dream forever of old times, sitting beside his friends laughing and watching movies.

Not today. He has motivation to get up and make a cup of coffee. Tony notices everything seems nicer, everything seems more bright and the sunrise looks extra beautiful today.

I haven't felt like this in so long.

After getting ready, Tony puts on his favourite rock music playlist and begins to work on Thor's gauntlet. He has a little time today to work on it, but after has to head straight to his meeting with Happy.

All he can think about his how nice him and Thor's talk was, and how much he looked forward to it again.

Maybe that was the only thing that kept him going.

—————————————————————————

A day had passed, and Tony had almost finished Thor's gauntlet. He wanted it to be a surprise, so he worked extra hard on it all night the day before.

Surprisingly, he had planned everything already for him and Thor. He had a nice table out and planned to order fast food for them as well as the best beer he had.

While Tony was working on Thor's gauntlet, Thor was out talking to the others.

"Hey Thor, you were talking to Stark last night right? I heard you guys laughing downstairs at like midnight." Bruce asked.

"Ah yes, the man of iron. He is great company and listened to everything I had to say! I'm going to go talk to him again tonight and have a drink." Thor spoke proudly.

All the avengers stared at him in surprise.

"Wow you uh, actually talked to him? Bruce said. Why would you want to? Don't you know what happened?"

"Your brawl at the airport? Yes but that was in the past right?" Thor said confused.

Clint scoffed, walking up to them. "Hey big guy. Stark ruined us okay. He divided us. Don't give him attention that he doesn't deserve. He probably just wants to manipulate you to his side and convince you we were all in the wrong. He started everything, it's all his fucking fault."

Clint knew that wasn't true. He knew deep down. The civil war caused a rift in all of them and even his family, so he desperately needed someone to blame, unable to take responsibility that he was equally in the wrong.

Thor stared speechless, not knowing what to say. Did his friend really cause all of this?

"Hey Thor, ditch Stark tonight. We're all going to a party at shield held by Nick. Stark didn't want to go with us, we didn't ask him about it but he knows it's happening." Natasha said.

"Yeah Thor, you should come with us. Bruce admitted. You already spent the last night with Stark in his lab cmon let's do something fun with all of us."

Thor stood in the middle of everyone. Eyes watching him, expecting something.

He was stuck.

He didn't want to disappoint his friends, and the peer pressure was starting to get to him.