. hoseok .

Jung Hoseok

Jung Hoseok. Policeman. His background is quite complicated, coming from a broken family, being an orphan. He was raised by his older brother until the age of twelve until his brother died due to a winter cold. The duo had been living on the streets until then. Jung Hoseok was then involved in several different petty thefts and a smuggling scam before finally deciding on entering the military. He got out and went into a police school, officially becoming an officer after his training. As for now, Jung Hoseok has showed tremendous improvement in behaviour and has been commended by his superiors for being hardworking and well-tempered.

year 2013

Jae Eun had come home early that day, intending to hide in her room per usual, maybe watch a movie or two, maybe chat with Lisa all day. Swiping through all her possibilities, she smiled silently to herself. A loud crash from the basement caused her to jump, however, as she was skipping towards the kitchen for a small bite. Her head whipped towards the sound as the door slammed open, a very angry looking buff man exiting, blood splattered over his face and clothes as his eyes gazed furiously at her. The girl bowed a little as the said man passed her nonchalantly, bald head shining from the light.

Jae Eun knew what lay under the house, sometimes hearing the torturous screams echo in her mind. She had accidentally sneaked inside when she was barely eight, the memories haunting her ever since of broken limbs, smashed up jaws and blood. Blood everywhere. Trembling slightly, she prepared herself to leave but something flashed in her mind.

Just a week ago, her father's goons had brought in a newcomer. He looked young, almost her age if not younger. His face was weary and beat, hands hanging limply by his sides as he was dragged along the floor and thrown into a dungeon. Despite all the warning signs, he seemed awfully innocent, face soft and gentle, eyes calling out to her as he sneaked a glance at the girl in her school uniform, frozen on the spot.

Gulping down some saliva to calm her nerves, she quickly shuffled into the forbidden area, a new surge of confidence striking her as she shut the door quietly, trailing down the steps. Beads of sweat decorated her forehead as she reached the cells where her father kept all his 'prisoners'. Some called out to her in wails and cries, hands clawing out in desperation. She bowed in repeated apology, passing them until she reached the one she was looking for.

"Hey." she called out softly, noting how the boy was lying limply on the floor, seeming extremely tired and malnutrition-ed. She wondered how he had ended here in the first place, looking like such a meek creature. His lips curved into a confused pout as he began to flutter his eyes open, propping himself up with fragile arms. His features morphed into a slight smile, seeming to recognise the face he had passed for merely a second at that long hallway. Panting heavily, he crawled towards the edge of the cell, bony fingers curling over the long cold metal bars.