Chapter 1: The Universe's Unrest

Chapter 1

The Universe's Unrest

|| Neurala, Origin|| 

*Nico di Angelo* 

With an unsettled feeling in my stomach, I walked down the hallway that solely belongs to Percy. The white wooden-like wall on my right side and the window paneled on my left seemed to move on for a long time before I finally reached his room. Much to my surprise, I found Fyna standing at the entrance anxiously biting her lip. 

"Fyna? What're you doing outside? How's Percy?" I asked her, as she seemed like she hasn't noticed me yet. 

"Slightly feverish still," she said as soon as her head snapped up to meet my eyes. "Chaos is in there with him at this moment, they're having a private talk about something." 

I sighed, shaking my head at my best friend's behavior. Apparently, Chaos and Percy had gone on a diplomatic meeting to someplace they won't disclose and then, Percy comes back feverish from using his powers too much in a short amount of time when he 'apparently' got into a battle with Etril. 

I'm not going to lie, the story seemed off to me. Percy came back completely depleted, he can barely close the door with his own powers. I know for a fact that Percy's powers border on limitless and that Percy treated Etril like he is his own brother, there's no way they drain both of their powers for no absolute reason. I suspect--and I've been suspecting for a long time-- that there is something else going on that they haven't been telling us. 

The reason for the unrest in the universe recently. 

Just as I was about to answer, the door opens with Chaos' stepping out behind it. He gave both of us a tired smile before bidding them goodbye, asking me to hold up the fort in the meantime while both royalties rest for a day or two. 

Fyna curtsied while I nodded, telling the creator to get some rest before he left. We watched him walk away before vanishing. Fyna gestured the door for me to go see him. I crossed the distance from the door to the hut in a short amount of time and found Percy in bed, breathing heavily and sweating profusely. 

"Hey Nics," Percy greeted, eyes opening slowly and giving me a tired smile.

"What crime did you commit for karma to come and bite you in the ass?" I jokingly replied. 

He rolled his eyes, gesturing me to move closer. The edge of the bed dipped because of my weight as I sit next to him. "Any problems while we were gone?" 

I shook my head, "A couple of disruptions in the streets and missions that needed some attention. I sent a couple soldier's down to each of them. Nothing drastic." 

Percy sighed, relieved; as if my response solved all his worries and problems. "That's good...I suppose." 

"Percy...what happened?" I asked him, staring at him with a fixed and determined gaze that specifically conveyed to him that I'm not going anywhere until I get at least a semblance of an answer. His dulled down sea-green eyes searched mine before shaking his head--well, as much as he can anyway.

"I can't tell you, at least not today." 

Silence fell upon us. 

Until, Percy, of course, broke it, "I'm doing fine, now, can you please ask Fyna in on your way out? She must be going nuts with worry by now." 

Rolling my eyes, I told him: "You're a piece of crap, Perce." 

"Tell me something I don't know, di Angelo."