"Because I'm afraid that I won't get to call the three of you family anymore if I do. Alice, I told you everything because I trust you and if something ever happens, I need you to be able to protect yourself and our parents."

"Mm-hm," with a simple reply, the engine of the car becomes the only audible thing around.

My life has been nothing but complicated from the day I was born which is the second reason why I hate mornings. I was born at exactly eight fourteen am and since then, all I've been doing is suffering.

Though, for a couple of months, I've been suffering a little less. I've been happy and enjoying life, allowing myself to be a little careless. Even then, I've always been aware and never, fully let my guard down.

I don't want to experience the pain again, and so I can't let anyone find me.

I put myself through the adoption system at the age of fifteen and got adopted just weeks after. It's almost been two years since I've been with my family.

Ironically, they have the same last name as my original family, so I decided to keep my name and change everything else I could about myself. Like my hair is dyed blonde when my natural colour is black, and my eyes are a natural colour of dark brown, almost black, but I hide them under my blue contacts so that I look related to Alice.

I enter our new school and park at the end of the lot, where the last parking spot was available.

"Listen to me Summer," Alice starts, "Keep your anger in control. I can tell there's going to be a lot of annoying bitches and cocky bastards, but you can't gain more attention than what we're already going to receive from being new students."

I nod, the serious look plastered on my face gives her assurance and her shoulder's slump slightly relieved. Let's just say that I don't have much patience and it takes about a second for me to snap someone's neck if they test my patience.

"I don't know what I would've done without you. After everything that happened to me, I never thought I could be the person I've always wanted to become."

"You've helped me too. I'm glad I chose you as my sister," Alice smiles, showing off her bright, naturally lined teeth.

"Me too," I reply, stepping out of the car. The curt wind seeps through my shirt and open leather jacket. Trying to keep warm, I zip it up.

I can't believe winter is arriving in less than two months. It's my favourite season and I can't wait until everything is coated under the white sheet of snow.

As Alice and I walk towards the entrance, we get eyed as if we're the most wanted criminals in the state which causes me to ask a stupid question, "Why are they staring like that?"

How would she know? She knows just as much as I do. Sometimes my mouth has a mind of its own especially when I'm nervous.

The stares are keeping me on edge and that's problematic. What if they know who I am? But how would they? I look nothing like I used to.

Before Alice can reply, a car passes by us at a speed too fast to be driving on a highway, nonetheless in a parking lot. A loud bang echoes in the air and my mind goes numb. I turn around slowly to find myself looking at the car whose front is crashed into the back of my matte black Audi.

I'm about to murder someone.

I start to walk back to my car, but Alice stops me. I clench my jaw snapping my neck around to spot her.

My car.

He crashed his car into mine on purpose.

"Summer breathe. Summer? Summer!" Alice violently shakes me. I break out of my haze and look at her. A frown appears on my face feeling sorry for my action. Fuck, I hate it when I let my anger control me.