Keira VS Academy: Day one

Keira's POV

It has been 1 week since I came here and loads have happened since then. I met the Hokage, who was indeed alive in all his old age. It made me sad to think that he would be dead soon enough but that quickly evaporated when he had the brilliant idea of making me neighbors with Naruto. It's not like I disliked him, we had become fast friends in the short time he has known me.

Well, not really me, more like a different me. I changed my last name to Misori and told no one of my parents murder and my past. I had no backstory, I was just a girl from a local village drifting through homelessly. I still was basically the same physically, just with more contrast in my hair and my body was more in shape. I didn't tell them about their world and how I could never go back or of my knowledge of their future. I mustn't mess up the plot entirely.

Also why I was here it was decided that I was to be a ninja. I was confused because although they said I had a vast amount of chakra, I didn't understand where it had come from in a world where chakra wasn't real.

Bringing myself away from my wandering mind, I splashed freezing water on my face to wake up. Fun. After dressing my self, I padded to Naruto's apartment literally 6 1/2 steps and opened the door with the extra set of keys I 'liberated' from his possessions and pulled some ingredients to make pancakes as quietly as I could in an attempt to let him sleep.

As I mixed various parts to my bater, my thoughts again slipped away. I guess I am likely to get there around the part where Naruto gets pushed into Sasuke, I hate that part the most because I never wanted them to be shipped together so I need to make a plan to stop that for sure. I poured a portion of my mix into the hot buttered pan and grabbed the spatula I had set aside earlier and stared blankly at the pancake frying.

Where were my 'family' now? Was lion worrying with Miss Sarah as she holds him while tears make rivers on his face. They sob and cry for me to come home to them, they miss me. Rin goes sleepless for days and soon they sink into depression. I am proclaimed dead and they attend my empty funeral. Sarah holds a white rose gently, my favorite as she knows, and Rin screams that I wasn't dead, that I was gonna come home soon, that I have to come home soon, and he starts to have a temper tantrum. Sarah winces with her eyes closed, face emotionless as my brave little one heart shatters, stomping and crying, grieving and in the worst pain ever forced upon everyone with people who they care about. They all die in the end. Sarah drops the rose. We float carelessly in the wind until gravity pulls us down to Earth in its strangled embrace and captivation. The rose hits the soggy grass and lays triumphantly halfway against my grave.

Silent tears make trails along my cheeks, etching themselves into my skin. Memories to be faced in the dark, when, in the end, everyone is dead and its just you. Only you. Love didn't save them. They died, and you were left alone again. Why even have them if it only hurts when you reach the tip of the rope? It can only hurt you.

"Eira.......Keira.....Hey you okay? What's wrong? Hey! Can you hear me? Say something! Why are you crying? Your scaring me!" Naruto had his hands on my shoulders and was peering into my blank yet crying face. My expression was plain yet tears raced down my skin, eager to meet their doom on connection with the floor. Like me, when they got too close to peace, they split and shatter.

I realized I was on the floor surprisingly, my arm was limp and my hands lay lax on the floor. My upper body wast leaned to the left and my head sagged. Ouch, Naruto was still yelling? Its giving me a headache.

I must have fainted while cooking. Not breathing enough or maybe just collapsed from stress. I had a lot of stress and confusion going at me right now so I say it's justified.

I blinked and focused on the jinchuriki's anxious face. "Naruto?" I whispered a little.

He sighed "Phew, thought from the look on your face you were dead or something." He wrapped his arms around me comfortingly, probably because of the tears. Thank goodness I taught him to be okay with the whole hugging complex because I needed one right now.

I luxuriated greedily in his comfort, then felt guilty because of all the trouble I caused. Peas and carrots Keira! You came to be a good neighbor and make breakfast, not cause a scene.

I squirmed and stood up, gabbing the spatula off the floor where it had fallen beside me and dipped the pancake over. It was only a little black around the edges, ah well, I will just eat it.

"It's ok Nazu, just a mishap. Sorry for the trouble. I will have breakfast finished in 20 minutes so go get ready and I will have it done when you get finished K'?" I forcibly smiled, using my adorable nickname for him.
He frowned and stared me down, finally deciding to let it rest. I mentally released the breath I was holding.
He paced off to his room and I finished breakfast, having scrimmages with the thoughts battling to take over.

---TIME SKIP APPROX 32 MINUTES 29 SECONDS---

We arrived at school, me, who was all eager and excited, and my Nazu, all skittish and anxious. I didn't really know why though, I mean, he doesn't get picked on yet, just ignored. He would look at me out of the corner of his eye sadly and then back to the group of kids our age with such pain and longing in his expression, I could cry in sympathy for him.

The kids from what will soon be my new class called me over to them invitingly. I looked at them curiously.
Naruto sighed "See you later Keira" his voice was rough and anguished. I threw my arms around his neck "I'm not going anywhere Baka, I didn't know you wanted to get rid of me that fast" I smirked at him, then fake pouted "But if you want me to leave I will go" I sighed, faking an anime tear and pretend walking away
He dashed over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me to the classroom. I smiled, then frowned. I still don't have a plan to stop Naruto glomping Sasuke in the face.
Ahh well, I will make something on the fly.
-TIME SKIP (FREQUENTLY USED)-

I already got my enrolling slip as Naruto made his appearance on the table and Shikamaru got closer to him. I zoomed forward and put my hand in front of Naruto's mouth, trying to stop him falling but instead BOTH mouths mad contact with my hand. I look disgustedly at my shaking hand, my eyes wide. I pulled it away from the two spluttering and held my hand as far as possible from my body as possible when it was connected to my body. I walked stiffly to the bathroom to potentially melt my contaminated hand off.

Academy-1
Keira-0