Chapter 14: Conflicts

Start from the beginning

Miko Yamato had screamed and yelled at Shion Hozaka to let Jin go, but the young master of Hozaka ignored her and gritted out four words that made Jin exploded with anger.

"Where. Is. My. Woman?"

Finally snapping out of shock, Jin grabbed hold of Shion Hozaka's arm and twisted it, freeing himself from the vice-like grip of the latter.

"How dare you call her your woman! You are courting death!" Jin yelled. His face red with anger and hatred.

Akiyo had enough of watching them from the sideline so he had redirected their attention by telling them that they should instead try to find Ai now before anything happened. Immediately Shion Hozaka left without saying any words. Looking around the room, Akiyo realised only he, Jin and Miko were present and the rest of the people had left the room.

Seeing his brother in anger, Miko Yamato had stepped in and told Jin that she would ask her father to help assist in the efforts in finding Ai.

Though Jin had agreed and thanked her gratefully, Akiyo didn't trust her words. According to Ai's story, this lady was not someone to place his trust to and hence, he immediately rode a horse to the borders to brought back some of his soldiers. He was still a young master of Omaru household and second-in-charge general to the Omaru Defence. It was pure luck that he found her before others did and he couldn't be happier to find her safe.

Back at present, Ai felt guilty for causing so much trouble and bowed her head apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I had too much drink and needed a rest so I went to the nearby inn." Ai apologised, leaving the part of Hayama since she didn't want people to misunderstand.

Akiyo shook his head and caressed her hands gently, "It's fine as long as you are safe, let me escort you back".

Just as Ai was about to nod, another presence suddenly appeared and grabbed her into a tight hug. Seeing the familiar military insignia on the person's chest, Ai immediately struggled to break free. There were only two people in Shinto who could wear that badge on their chest, one was Akiyo and the other was his brother, Jin.

"Why are you resisting so much? I only embraced you because I was worried about you." Jin said with a frown on his face as he pulled away slightly to stare at Ai. The lady didn't have any problem with his dumb brother touching her and he only hugged her, she started to wiggle away like a worm on salt. He was not happy!

Ai glared at Jin with hatred in her eyes. He was the cause that made her get drunk, why is he acting all concerned and warm now?!

Shrugging away his arms, Ai moved to step away. She didn't want to deal with Jin and her headache from this morning was getting worse. But Jin was hurt by her coldness. Everytime that he tried to get close to her, the lady only had negative reactions: anger, repulse, disgust and indifference.

At the corner of his eyes, Jin saw his brother reaching out to follow Ai and a wave of irrepressible anger rose inside him. Out of anger, he grabbed Akiyo and threw him on the ground. The force he used was not too violent but/was enough to seperate the two.

Suddenly, Jin found himself being pinned against the wall by Ai. Her hands tightly gripped his already injured neck as her pale golden eyes glared at him hatefully.

"How dare you! He is your brother! You are too vicious!" Ai yelled as her grip on Jin's neck tightened.

"You are too vicious! You are too vicious!" the words rang in Jin's mind as his vision started to overlap. It was a scene with the same words. Only that the words were said by him to Ai, who was on the floor with tears streaming down her face. He was clutching Miko in the embrace as he repeated those words in a similar manner.