Chapter - 31

Alekh is driving them bk home. Rajveer is thinking with his hands on the window of  the car. He's a little nervous, still happy and feeling relieved. But one thing that is hammering his heart n brain  is how will Naina react to all this. She has been silent all this while but today she spoke about it... n all of it suddenly. He s tensed for her mental health.

They reach home. He asks about her from Sherry. Everyone goes to fresh n up . He has this urgency to see her, safe and sound. He makes an excuse to meet her and everyone understands.

🌱

Naina is sleeping peacefully as after so many days she got to see him safe and sound. But still she s having that negativity... of... what would have happened if she wasn't told about this... how much grateful she is to Shalini for telling her the truth at the right time. But she s scared... scared to face him... all this while she was clear that she hates him.. but today she doesn't know what is she exactly feeling for him. Is it hatred? Noooo.... then what???

She s sleeping... not actually... just closed eyes... on the left side of the bed with face turning towards left.

Rajveer enters and sees her sleeping. He has this urgency to touch  her forehead,  to give her a warmth of care and safety...but he wont. He is still bound within her limits

Naina feels someone's presence in room and knowing that its Rajveer, she shuts her eyes tightly in an unknown anxiety

Rajveer goes near her and sees her fisting the bedsheet  and shutting her eyes tightly. He finds it a lil odd and takes it as a sign of 'No' . He turns to washroom. As soon as he closes the bathroom door, she opens her eyes in dejection and relaxes a bit.

She was expecting his touch but she was scared too. Its been months that they hv shared a room together. That hatred is missing... that revenge n war... heated arguments are missing... these walls hv always witnessed their arguments, tears and anger but today the walls desperately want that warmth of love n care, that they used to have.

As soon As she hears the door reopening, she covers herself with the quilt. Rajveer is puzzled with her reaction but he needs to make the atmosphere normal.

Rajveer  : Naina... tum thik ho?

She  doesn't reply

Naina aaj meri wajah se jo b tumhe jhelna pda... major bhargav ki baatein... i m really sorry.... mujhe nhi andaaza tha ki aisa kuch ho jaega.... m sorry Naina.. Naina I am sorry for not trusting you that day. I should hv listensed to you.. you were trying to save Sherry but just bcz of me.. u went there in her place.. m sry...

Naina hears it all but doesn't dare to speak.

I m responsible for all this.. whatever punishment you want to give me... I AM READY... But plz dont hurt yourself in any way... please.. for your parents for alekh n your friends.. for Naveen... for .....

Me.... (he whispers which is not audible to her)

Alekh sees all this from the door and enters.

Alekh : wo so rahi hai sir... aap abhi rest karo.... aao sir khana khaate hain...pet me chuhe chor police khel rahe hain...

Rajveer  smiles and nods.

🌱

Everyone welcomes him with a broad smile. Everyone is talking and smiling.

Puja and Shalini are serving the food along with huda.