English

I used to go every morning to clean the beach with other volunteers, and at the end I went deep into the sea to watch the little fishes swim, but there was one that was my favorite, one with beautiful blue eyes, just like mine. Suddenly, that morning it became all dark and I started to feel cold. The little fish fled, all but one, the one with the blue eyes, which I followed instinctively. I looked up and saw that a large black spot covered the surface. The fish could not traverse it, and I was no exception. The air was already scarce in my lungs and I did not want to breathe because, if I did, they would be completely flooded. I swam energetically, faint, following that little fish that seemed to want to save me, but I knew I would not get it. The black spot extended by leaps and bounds in all directions; I knew that I would never reach the surface as soon as I started to see blurry. I was running out of oxygen, and despite the great need I had, I refused to open my mouth. I remembered fleetingly that my mother said that when you felt great pain, everything would end as soon as the countdown reached zero, so I tried.

10. I feel my eyes are too heavy, and I put my hands around my neck.
9. My tears are mixed with the salt of the sea.
8. I feel like I slowly sink, unable to do anything and feel powerless for it
7.observo my hand full of sticky tar, that should be what hindered my exit to the surface
6. And to think that that morning he had only gone to clean the beach ...
5. I know that it is my end, and I cry for my falmilia, for not becoming someone in life, for not going beyond 17, for what awaits humanity
4. I can not even think coherently, I even hear voices that say "Mimi, hold on!"
3. I watch for the last time those precise blue eyes before closing mine to never open them again
2. I feel a tug on my arm
1. I let myself go
0. Finally, the suffering ceases

Miriam Gray died on August 2, 2056. She was found seriously injured on the beach and moved to a hospital, but died on the way to have breathed water, and by involuntary intake of tar that ran on the surface as a Tanker ship had shipwrecked. The news was made known in all the media and was disseminated throughout the world.
It's ironic that someone we care about should die to make a big change. Without Miriam, nothing would have been possible; the world would not be as we know it today. After that misfortune, people began to take responsibility for their actions, increased the number of volunteers on the beaches, and was able to mitigate marine pollution. And everything, thanks to her, the girl with navy blue eyes.