Chapter 1: Advantages have Disadvantages

They were at it again.

There was fun happening around the dormitory hall, without me. That's okay. It's not like it never happened before. 

I frigidly walk to the dormitory hall, my head tucked inside my hoodie. I can see the wall covered with posters about my old self. I'm not that huge now, but I was the main laughingstock at every event happening at school.

They picture me as a clown hiding inside a hoodie.

I'm not like that anymore if you ask me. I'm not that walking cholesterol anymore. I'm me, just me.

The students started whispering when I entered and a battle jokes started. Joe, the closet nerd, walked forward and grinned. "Guys, do you know why she's wearing a baggy jacket?" He looked like he was trying to keep in his laugh. "So her fats wont over flow."

There was snickers all around us and then another went front. "Ugly hood! Excuse me, can you leave? Not all of us can't fit in the hallway with you here. . ." And there was boisterous laughing. 

I'm such a dork at making first impressions.

I quickly left the scene and ran with all my might to my dorm room. It was plain jane and there was two neat beds. One for me and my roommate, Chescka. 

I let the tears spill out from my eyelids and bundled myself inside my bed covers.

My name is Swizz, I won't give out my full name, and I am sixteen in my junior year. I am depressed, and anorexic but not really bone thin. I just can't keep my food in me sometimes. 

I have only one friend which is my bestfriend. Chescka. She's a pretty and decent teen and she has very good skills at cosmetics. She tried teaching me once but I read somewhere that makeup could burn your face when in contact with heat. But I want try it out but the first impression I gave would ruin the moment. . .

I remember my second year here, I was proud enough that day to pull my hoodie off. And was titled Ugly hood. Whatever is wrong with that name, I was just really fat that time. But since that occasion, I went into a really hardcore diet conducted by Chescka. Salad with only a tini-tiny bit of ham and it was already my brunchiner. You know, breakfast, lunch and dinner together? 

I zipped my jacket off me and I see my reflection on the mirror. I'm thin with curves but sort of shorter  but average. I'm not that chubby sophomore anymore, I'm me, a normal girl with no outlook in life.

Chescka flung the door wide open and skipped in. She threw the lock on the door and jumped on her bed with a glow of excitement. My thoughts was startled out of me and I was now looking at her, my eyebrows raised. "What are you exploding about?"

"Something awesome just happened in our lives!" She squealed on her bed. "Guess it, come on."

I thought seriously. "Keira died?" Her face scrunched at the sound of her rival's name and she shook her head.

Okay, wrong guess.

"Keira got expelled?" She shook her head again, a pout on her face.

"You got an A on math without my help?" She snarled and shook her head again.

I was getting frustrated so I answered my last definite guess. "Their serving spaghetti tommorow?" She frowned hungrily and shook again. "Ugh, just tell me this revelation!"

She grinned widely like the joker. It was creepily interesting.

"Just dropping the bomb and whoosh!" She tempted. "Proms coming!"

I facepalmed and sighed. "Like I don't know that. It's all over the walls beside the poster of my old face." I waited for a piece of nothing. "Okay goodnight-"

"The freaking 5sos is coming to school prom!" She bursted out, her expression beyond the highest level of happiness. "Yeah, like really, Keira payed them to sing here and raffle four people to dance with the 5sos. And another surprise. . ."

The other surprise actually was not surprising, but this one, It gave me the suspense.

"I put your name in the raffle. . ." She squeaked. My eyes almost popped out and grew a length of one foot.

And then ideas went into my mind. Who would choose Ugly hood with a hotshot? A blind man or a dumb person? "What were you thinking Chescka! Why would you vote a girl with a heartrob?!" I threw my white pillow on her face.

She just giggled, thats a horrible sign.

"It's not like anythings' wrong with you!" She threw the pillow back. "Tell me what you think you look!"

"A fat ass!" I shout whispered. She paused and quirked her eyebrows.

"Whatever, it's not like we're gonna win." She sighed half-angrily. "Keira would just be controlling the whole event. I hate her and her pug face." I think she was reassuring me and I think she has a point, that Keira's a pug face.

I dropped my head on my pillow that I have got used with its hardness. I bundled myself in the covers and tried to sleep.

Then a light bulb glew atop my head.

I can use that prom party to change their impression of me. But how?

I stood from my bed and walked to Cheska's. Her blanket was glowing and I knew she was awake.

"Wake up." I shook her bed and she moved.

"What? I was sleeping!" She exhaled a fake yawn.

"I've decided." I said unsurely. "'I'm going to prom!" I waited for her reaction.

She bursted out of her bed. "Is it Christmas?" She cheered. "Repeat what you said!"

"I wont!" I murmured shyly and crossed my arms. "Be my mentor and I'll hack the online raffle site so you would win and I'll remove Keira from the chosen girls!" Her eyes widdened and she smiled freakishly.

"Wait! I'll be your mentor at fashion tips just let me sleep and shut up!" She exaggerated. She fell to her slumber and I swear I heard a snore.

But I still couldn't sleep, I listened to the static noise of my heartbeat.