twelve

━━━━━━━━━━

"thanks for taking me home." hyesun muttered as jaehyun parked in front of her house, the two now sitting in his car.

"'don't thank me. just being a gentleman. can't let a girl walk home alone at night." jaehyun responded and she just rolled her eyes before opening the door and stepping out.

she stood outside, her hand on the edge of the car door with jaehyun looking at her.

"goodnight jaehyun." she smiled at the boy before bowing her head lowly then closing the door, walking away until she was inside her house.

and once again unknowingly, the boy left the girl's house with a slight smile on his face.

once hyesun entered the house, she immediately shivered from the coldness in her house. she heard the TV playing and walked over to the living room, seeing her two siblings together.

"how was jisun's party?" hyunjoon asked once he caught sight of her

"it was good" she shrugged, lying but she didn't want to tell her brother what had happened either so she lied.

she then left the living room to go to her room and change into other clothes. once she changed into a tshirt and some black sweatpants, she walked out of the room and into the living room where hyunjoon and hajoon were still cuddled up on the couch together

"the heater broke again" hyunjoon told the girl as she sat on the right of hajoon, "we should have enough to get it repaired but it's gonna take a lot out of us"

hyesun looked at her brother before speaking, "hyunjoon i told you i can get a job. you don't have to do this alone you realize."

"i don't want you to stress. school gives you enough worry. i can do this." hyunjoon spoke and she just scoffed, really wanting to just argue with him about the whole thing but decided against it to not start anything.

she grabbed the blanket that was situated on the couch and placed it over hyunjoon and hajoon.

"not cold?" hyunjoon asked.

"i've been stuck in the rain. i'll survive." she smiled before wrapping her arm around her little brother, her head leaning on top of his, "sorry for yelling at you hajoon. i just don't want you to worry about stuff that you don't need too"

"it's okay.." he mumbled, sounding tired and on the verge of just sleeping.

"he's had a long day." hyunjoon spoke.

they stayed silent for awhile until hajoon was fast asleep in hyesun's grasp. then hyesun called for her brother, "hyunjoon?"

"hmm?" he responded turning his head to look at her.

"what are we going to do about the therapy?"

he sighed, rubbing his forehead, "i don't know hyesun..i really don't know"

unknowingly, a tear had gone down hyesun's cheek, "i-i really didn't want hajoon to live like this.."

"we didn't plan it to be like this.." hyunjoon painfully smiled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling the girl closer to him.

keeping her grip on hajoon to not wake him up, hyunjoon spoke, "we'll get through it..we always do."

————

it was saturday morning now and hyesun had gotten ready to go to the café to grab coffee. she walked into her brothers' room where hyunjoon was doing his homework and studying at his desk. hajoon was currently at tutoring and hyesun was going to pick him up later on.