twenty two

━━━━━━━━━━

"we leave tomorrow and she isn't going." sicheng spoke to the group, the 6 of them currently in jaehyun's house, "what do we do now?"

jisun bit her lip, trying to think of something, "we better just hope her brother comes around and allows her to go by tonight at least"

"have you tried talking to her jaehyun?" yuta asked

the boy shook his head, "she..actually called me last night at like 1 in the morning" the friends all looked at the boy in shock and confusion, "but she didn't say anything but then she hung up on me"

"maybe she accidentally called you?" yuta then suggested

"no. i think she wanted to talk to him but she got scared and hung up" jisun came to the conclusion, "we just need to wait it out for now..well at least until tonight"

"how's hyesun been?" sicheng asked jisun and this made jaehyun curious as to what her answer would be

"she's still just confused of everything" jisun didn't want to give away exactly what she was feeling as she was still her best friend and she didn't feel right telling them everything, "she usually keeps to herself about feelings and hasn't told me much other then her being hurt"

jaehyun knew she was keeping some of it to herself, of course she would. he wasn't mad about it of course because he understood the reasoning to it.

jaehyun suddenly stood up and excused himself from his friends before leaving the living room and going outside of his house.

he sat on the steps leading up to the front door and just was in his thoughts, debating on doing something. the boy finally took out his phone and went into his contacts. he bit his lip as he had his thumb on top of the call button before he pressed the button and held it against his ear.

he expected it just to go to voicemail and that he was just going to leave a voice message but after the last ring, the person picked up.

the boy sat up straight not expecting the person to pick up. there was silence on both ends before jaehyun cleared his throat and spoke, "uhm..hyesun?" no response, "are..you there?"

he heard a quiet hum from the other side and he let out a breath of relief, "hyesun you don't need to say anything and i'm sure the last person you want to hear from is me but please listen just for a little"

there was, again, no response but she didn't hang up so jaehyun took it as her willing to at least listen.

"everyth-" as soon as the boy began to speak, his phone rang also and he saw that his mother was calling him. he rolled his eyes at her bad timing but knew he had to answer her, "hyesun..i'm sorry but my mo-"

"i just hope you know" she finally spoke, "i don't hate you" then she hung up on the boy.

he sat there in shock, a small grin appearing on his face before he shook his head and quickly answered his mother, "hello mom, did you need something?"

"junghwa isn't picking up her phone, do you know if she is home?" his mother spoke in a quite stern voice making him a bit nervous

"she isn't home. she might be busy with school right now though" jaehyun replied

his mother hmmed, "alright then. i'll see you tonight then jaehyun" she hung up and before jaehyun could process anything, his phone rung again

"god what the hell-" he cut himself off as he answered the phone again, "yes junghwa?"

"i'm going to assume mother called you?" junghwa spoke, a small laugh leaving her lips as she said that

"yes she did and i'm going to assume that you are ignoring her calls?" jaehyun knew his sister very well

"mother's been trying to get me to join the company for years and i stick to my answer of no everytime. she knows i want to become a lawyer yet proceeds to bug me almost everyday about it. you didn't tell her where i'm at right?"

"i don't even know where you're at right now. i just said you're probably busy with school but you realize she's probably going to bug you later about it right? when you return home"

"sounds later a later problem for me" jaehyun could see the stupid grin on her face. the boy shook his head, "anyways. i'll see you later tonight and good luck with hyesun"

"yah!-" his sister laughed before she hung up on him causing the boy to let out a scowl.

then what hyesun had said before came into his thoughts, 'i don't hate you'

————

"hey..hyesun" hyunjoon knocked on the girl's door that was already open but she just hmmed in response as she was sat on her bed reading a book, "can we talk?"

"whatever you want big brother" she spoke condescending voice as she closed her book and looked at her brother with a bitter smile.

he let out a sigh before walking over to her bed and sitting on the edge of it and looking at her, "are you still mad at me?"

"i don't know..am i?"

"taking that as a yes" he muttered before speaking again, "look, i know you want to go on this trip and it's not that i don't trust you. i trust you with everything hyesun, i do. i'm just..worried for you" she stayed silent, "you know that's the reason but you're too stubborn to think that. i know you won't do anything bad, i'm just afraid something will happen to you"

"what could possibly happen?" she asked

"i don't know!" he suddenly yelled, "you guys get kidnapped, lose your way there..or get into another car accident"

she clicked her tongue at the mention of another car accident, "it wouldn't happen"

"but you never know! you think i want my sister, my only sister for that matter, to be in another car accident again?! i only have you and hajoon left!" he continued on, "i don't want to lose you the same way we lost mom and dad!"

she looked away, biting her lip at the thought, "you almost died last time hyesun. we all almost did. i don't want to lose you like that. it's why i don't want to let you go..especially with a bunch of people i don't know or trust besides jisun"

hyesun looked back at hyunjoon and let out a breath before moving and sitting beside him. she placed her hand on top of his and looked at the boy, "i trust them. i really do. you know the only friend i really have is jisun but the other friends we've made..i like them. i understand why you're worried hyunjoon but i can handle whatever happens. the car accident happened 2 years ago and i'm better now. nothing like that would happen again, alright?"

hyunjoon was silent for a second before nodding. hyesun wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly from the side. he also wrapped one of his arm around her, hugging her as well.

-added chapter

━━━━━━━━━━