eleven

━━━━━━━━━━

jaehyun and hyesun drove together in silence to the nearest convenience store to get something small to eat as their appetites weren't that big.

hyesun was going to call jisun to tell her where she had gone but she figured the girl was having fun at the party and she didn't want to disturb her so she would call her later to tell her.

when the two entered the convenience store, jaehyun told her that he would pay for her and while she declined, he didn't take that and told her that he was going to pay for whatever she wanted.

she had to agree to avoid any further arguments as this is the longest they've gone without yelling or wanting to kill each other.

hyesun sat at one of the tables in silence, trying to just forget what happened earlier at jisun's party while jaehyun grabbed a few snacks for them to share together.

he paid for the items and went over to the table, placing the few bags of chips and small candies on the table, along with a bowl of ramen for the girl.

"here." he handed the bowl to her.

"thank you." she replied before she stood up to go fill her bowl with hot water.

she walked past the fridge before stopping in her steps and stepping back, looking at the different sodas there are. she opened the door, pulling out a soda. there she grabbed a sprite, looking at the price, "nevermind, i don't need it.."

she muttered to herself before placing it back but the person who was stocking the fridge beside her seemed to notice the girl's actions and words

hyesun was about to walk away until the person spoke, "uhm..excuse me miss?"

hyesun stopped and looked at the boy, "is there a problem?" she nervously chuckled, confused as to why he called for her

"why'd you put the soda back?"

she was taken back by the question for a few seconds before she answered, "i just don't need it"

he knew something was up but he didn't want to question a girl he didn't even know but the look in her eyes tell him a different story

"i'll let you have it for free" she raised an eyebrow but at the same time she felt grateful, "i'll just pay for it"

"really?" he nodded and she grinned, "thank you" she grabbed the soda once again, bowing her head at the worker before walking over to the counter to put water in ramen.

once done, she walked back over to jaehyun who was just scrolling on his phone, waiting for the girl to come back to him. she sat in the seat across from him and he looked at her.

he stared at the girl for awhile and the girl expected him to ask more questions about what had happened earlier.

but he didn't.

"did you see the grade we got for our project?" he asked her instead causing her to be a bit shocked but she just went along with it anyways

"yah i did. we got a 94." she replied, beginning to eat her food.

then silence erupted between the two. but for once it wasn't the type of silence where just the other breathing would make them want to murder the other. it was the type of silence where they knew they didn't have to say anything to keep it from not being awkward. hyesun was eating while jaehyun was scrolling on his phone.