usually, just seeing jaehyun's face and him breathing too loudly would make her want to slap him but right in that moment, she didn't.

"why do you hate me jaehyun?" hyesun then asked but she didn't make any eye contact with him, she kept looking down at her bowl.

he put down his phone before crossing his arms across his chest, "hate you..? that's a strong word"

"be serious for once" she rolled her eyes.

"well..because you used to make fun of me" jaehyun replied truthfully.

hyesun stopped eating her food and looked at the boy with wide eyes, "me?? i made fun of you? when? why? huh?" the girl was completely confused as it didn't seem like something she'd do and if she did, she would've remembered.

"you used to always make fun of my grades." he began to explain, "i remember struggling in the 1st year a lot with my subjects and you would look at my scores and tell me 'how'd you fail that? it was so easy' and other shit like that. you would also ask for my grades a lot and i absolutely loathe talking about grades. i got annoyed about it and completely changed the way i was with you i guess. should've just told you to stop though."

hyesun couldn't believe what she was hearing. she doesn't even remember acting like that. it seemed so out of character for her to do something.

"if i'm to be honest." hyesun responded, "i don't remember a lot of our first year or even half of the second year, but i'll believe what you say is the truth. i'm sorry for what i said. i'm sure i was stuck up and acted like i knew everything. i can't even say shit to you when i did horrible my 2nd year, so i'm sorry about that".

"thank you. but i'll apologize also." she gestured him to continue, "i should've told you about it but also im sorry for treating you badly also. it wasn't right for me to just annoy you, get you detention multiple times and cheat from your tests."

"it's okay also" she replied, "so are we good now then?"

"hmm..i do like annoying you though"

she rolled her eyes then chuckled a little, "good because i like annoying you as well."

jaehyun was going to respond when hyesun's phone rang. she grabbed her phone and saw the caller ID, 'jisun'.

she answered the call immediately, placing it to her ear and before she could even get a word out, jisun did, "yah! hyesun! where are you?? what happened?! are you okay?"

"hello to you too." hyesun replied, "i'm fine. i'm with jaehyun right now."

"huh? jaehyun?! are you sure he's not going to murder you?" she then gasped dramatically, "or worst..you murder him?"

"no one is going to murder anyone jisun." hyesun sighed causing jaehyun to widen his eyes at what she said, "are you having fun?"

"i mean yah but my best friend isn't here and makes me upset you're not here. are you okay?" jisun asked her, her voice now serious as she of course worried for her best friend.

"uhm..it's just that.." hyesun bit her lip, "i wasn't feeling well and jaehyun saw so he took me out for fresh air to get away from people." she lied and she was going to kill herself over it

"oh no sun! i hope you feel better. make sure he takes care of you or i'm going to take care of him and not in a good way, alright?"

"yes jisun." she laughed, "enjoy your party and don't worry about me okay? call me when your party is over."

"alright. take care"

hyesun then hung up the phone and jaehyun was already looking at her.

"she knows." hyesun spoke and the boy tilted his head, confused, "she knows i lied. jisun's been my best friend since elementary. she can tell..i'll have to tell her the truth later"

"she'll understand once you tell her."

she nodded before switching the topic, "i'm surprised your friends haven't called you yet."

"i'm sure they're just drunk out of their minds at this point." jaehyun replied while she chuckled lightly.

her phone then buzzed again and she thought it was jisun until she saw the notification from her brother.

HYUNJOON:
come home, it's
supposed to
rain heavily tonight

jisun the stood up, collecting all of her trash, "i need to get home."

"i'll take you home then." he offered, standing up from his seat. and before she could even protest he spoke, "don't reject the offer. i'll take you home alright?"

-edited chapter

━━━━━━━━━