I fidgeted impatiently waiting for Jisoo's reply. None of this made sense to me. It was like seeing into a kaleidoscope, not being able to make out the bits and pieces of the puzzle.

*Jichu🍗 is calling*

I was startled as my phone suddenly rang but i picked it up immediately when i saw the caller id.

"Hello?" I answered.

"YAAAAAHH JENDEUKIE YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO EXPLAIN IM SO CONFUSED WHAT THE?"

I brought the phone away from my ears as Jisoo shouted over the phone. What is her problem oh my god! I should be the one who is confused as fuck right now!

"Yah shut up Jisoo! I'm the one who needs explaining here! Do you even know how much my brain wants to explode right now? I fricking woke up in a hospital bed in the morning, couldn't remember anything except for basic things like my name because i was told that i have amnesia because i got into an accident, for one freaking day like how is that even possible who has amnesia for just a day?! Then i met a girl whom ive never seen before in my life and she told me that she was my girlfriend! Which is Lisa! At first i was suspicious but after awhile i realized that it was true. So i ended up spending the entire day with her and now we're in our hotel room and im on the bed naked after having se- okay that's not the point. But anyway I look at the notifications on my phone and i see weird messages from you guys! Now im starting to think that all of this was some kind of a nightmare?! Taehyung, Lisa, who are they really Jisoo, tell me!" I burst out.

I felt like breaking down. I didn't even know what was happening, suddenly no one was who i thought they were. I thought i knew everything but in the end i realized i knew nothing at all. And my stupid mind wouldn't cooperate with me and just let me remember the things that i should know.

I hugged my knees and started sobbing quietly.

Jisoo was silent on the other line for so long i thought the call had ended, but then she spoke up.

"I'm sorry Jennie.. i didn't know that had happened to you. Don't cry okay? I'm as shocked as you are right now. But let me just ask you a question first before i try to explain anything okay?" Jisoo said calmly.

That was one of the most amazing thing about Jisoo. This girl could stay calm even in a hurricane. She could be a crackhead all the time but when it was necessary to be serious she could really act her age and be mature.

"Okay.." I replied and sniffled.

"How come you can't remember who Lisa and Taehyung is to you but you can remember me?" She asked inquisitively.

I thought about what Lisa had said to me in the hospital room.

"Lisa told me that someone knocked me down at the skiing mountains because i was too excited to go for the christmas event that's why i can't remember anything, especially if its recent. I suppose i can remember you and Irene unnie and Seulgi unnie because you have been my bestfriend since i was a kid. And Irene and seulgi unnie have been working with me for many years too. I also remember Taehyung because he's been our colleague for almost as long as them. But i guess Lisa joined us more recently? That's why i didn't know she was my girlfriend or even recognize who she was earlier." I said slowly.

I heard an ohhhhhh from the other side of the call. But then it went silent as if she was hesitating to speak.

"You're right Lisa joined our company only 2 years ago. But... Jennie. Lisa is not your girlfriend." Jisoo said carefully.

And at that moment everything went blank.

Lisa is not my girlfriend.

Lisa.

She's not my girlfriend.

She-

"Jennie?? Are you okay???" Jisoo asked worriedly. I could barely hear her.

My heartbeat was thundering in my ears and my chest was heaving heavily.

She lied to me.

My arms grew weak it was almost numb, i let go of my phone and it dropped onto the floor with a thud, ending the call but i didn't care. I probably would've collapsed too if i wasn't already in bed.

This couldn't be real. This wasn't real. Th-

"Jennie?"

I tensed as i heard the voice and slowly lifted my head to look up at her unsteadily.

—————————————————————————

a/n: yikes. hope you're enjoying the updates because school is starting soon sigh

 hope you're enjoying the updates because school is starting soon sigh