"You didn't have to" I said, surprise still present in my voice as I spoke. I'd never been the kind to get particularly excited about presents, but the idea of him having thought of something to gift me made me feel warm inside. He could've probably gifted me a rock and, as long as he would've assured me it was heartfelt, I would've been happy. For how ridiculous it may sound.

He gave me a little shrug, taking a small package out of his pocket and handing it to me. "I still did it" he told me softly.

We stopped in front of his car as I took it, carefully undoing the dark blue paper in which it had been wrapped, feeling something leather-like under the tips of my fingers. I furrowed my eyebrows, taking the paper off completely to look at the gift better, a little smile forming on my face when I realised it was a small black leather notepad.

"I noticed yours was almost finished, so..." he started, trying to justify his choice of gift, as if I could've even thought it was a bad one.

Before giving myself time to rethink it, I pulled him against my mouth by the collar of his black coat, feeling a sudden warmth spread through me as his lips moulded perfectly against mine.

"It's perfect" I whispered against his mouth when we broke apart, my fingers still wrapped tightly around the fabric of his coat, my heartbeat rushing against my chest. "Thank you."

He gave me a little smile, before straightening himself again and unlocking the car, walking around it to get to the driver's side.

I got in quickly, trying to escape the cold, and put the notepad he'd just gifted me into my pocket, along with my current one, that was of a warm shade of brown. I crumpled the wrapping paper up in a ball as I waited for him to walk inside - blushing slightly when he did.

He glanced at me, seeming about to say something when all of sudden the sound of an upcoming message was heard. He cleared his throat, taking his phone out of his pocket and checking it quickly, a frown finding its way on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked him when he put the phone down, perfectly knowing that I was risking him ignoring me or getting pissed at me for asking too personal information.

He just shrugged, putting the key in the ignition and starting the car. "Liam and Zayn want to hang out" he simply replied, and I nodded.

"We can do it... if you want" I suggested quietly, side-glancing at him as he got out of the parking spot. "I meant it when I said I don't want it to be a big deal. If you want to take me along of course" I said, quickly adding the last sentence. I didn't want him to think I was trying to tag along uninvited, but I especially didn't want him to feel like I was coming between him and his friends.

"Okay" he said, typing a reply quickly before going back to driving.

The ride there wasn't long, and before I knew it he had already parked a few streets away from my house.

I unbuckled my belt, waiting for him to exit the car before getting out as well, quickly walking in front of it to reach him. I waited patiently, even though I was freezing, next to him as he locked the car, before finally walking into a cafe a couple of feet away from where he'd parked.

As soon as we entered he gave a fast glance around, quickly managing to spot his friends sitting at a table next to the wall before walking towards them, taking me with him.