Chapter 43 : A Second More

Start from the beginning

You ran out of lives.

I was alive still. But I couldn't say the same about future. That needle had something in it. Something I didn't know. Something I would probably find out in a hospital.

I should have ran away. I should have somehow made it to that coast and begged for medical assistance.

But me being the revenge seeking bitch I always am, I used the knife I had saved and showed him just who he messed with.

When has my life ever been precious to me anyways?

Thinking that I wouldn't react, he didn't expect me to throw a dagger straight at him. My aim had always been bad but he had a big, bulky body. It hit him just between the neck and the shoulder, a spot just a few inches away from the sensitive spot. All I had to do was pull it like a lever, leading him to death by blood loss. In a few seconds.

But this was just enough as he got probably stabbed the second time at the same spot. Oh well, I did warn him.

He shouted at me, his rage clear in his bloodshot eyes. He had his hands at the knife, trying to get it out. I didn't let him as I jumped and twisted it along. This wouldn't kill him but leave him disabled enough. The next second, he howled in pain and dropped next to me, his hand still trying his level best to get the knife away.

I would let him be busy with that.

I quickly moved away, still using the van as a shield and saw Bryan's people had lessened. Some on the ground, writhing with pain and some, just gone.

I was either going to be shot if I jumped in between or be killed if I not run away.

I have never had a dilemma before in my life. Decisions have always been at the tip of my tongue, ready to be out the next second. But this, I had no idea. Just what would I do? And I was carrying god know's what in my body.

Jonah was still whimpering as I moved on a little bit.

A bad move.

Because the second I did that, the shots stopped and a creepy silence fell over us.

Like dead, dark silence.

And I didn't know what was happening until I saw Bryan look directly at me, from metres away. He knew I was here. He could get me any second but he resorted to a smile.

These guys and their creepy smile is blowing me off.

I gave him a strong glare.

"Oh come on, Ophelia! Don't make me shoot you from here. I have the best snippers on you right now."

The next moment, I heard the many clicks of gun pointed at Bryan. He waved them off.

"Oh, leave it. I won't shoot her."

I looked at him, challenging him.

Why would he let go of that pleasure?

Ignoring that, he beckoned me to come out. I didn't.

"Ophelia, come here. Stand in the front. Just see what an army Brooke Falls has sent for you."

I didn't want to look. I knew it would be large. Although my brain wasn't focussing on it, I knew the number would be large.

He frowned.

"Why? Don't want to see that Walker succeeded in finding you? Tore the city apart to find you?"