Chapter 43 : A Second More

The sirens seemed to have set an alarm off

The sirens seemed to have set an alarm off. It was a chaos. I could hear frantic shouts. I could hear footsteps. Quick footsteps as I tried making out noises.

I couldn't possibly pick my ownself up. Although, the sirens had sent a chain reaction within me as I felt adrenaline rush through me. The sooner I would get out of this place, the sooner I could get medical help. I somehow got up and put myself against a wall. I started taking in deep breathes as it proved to be a great exercise.

Taking in another huge gulp, I tried standing up, only to fall down. But I wasn't giving up. I tried again and stood up with a whimper.

To be honest, sitting up was harder. Which is weird since I felt the cuts on my thighs. I slightly brushed my fingers agaisnt them and hissed. They weren't deep but they were many. I took a few steps when I heard footsteps and sensed someone enter inside.

I looked up and saw Bryan enter followed by Suzie.

He looked furious.

"How the fuck did they get here?" He roared at me as I took another breath. I could clearly see the storm in his eyes. Either he was here to finish me off, or finish this all away.

He quickly jumped at me and caught me by my hair as I shrieked out in pain. This encouraged him to pull them even harder. I was still on my feet as he started dragging me out of the room and into the small corridor.

"You did something, didn't you? I should have been carfeul! I should have been. They told me how cunning you are! They warned me. They fucking told me. I should have killed you like they said, shouldn't I? You had something up your sleeves, didn't you?"

I didn't reply as I whimpered further and he continued to pull me, his hands still in my hair.

"Didn't you?" He shouted right next to my ear and that was the last string. His face was in my reach and I poked his eyes with my fingers. And buried them. I hardly had nails but eyes was a weak spot. Next, I simply stabbed my elbow on his face. He stumbled back as Suzie came to his rescue.

But even while being dragged away, they never noticed as I easily slipped in a knife from Bryan's side pocket. I had noticed it when he came to drag me away. And in the chaos, he couldn't barely make out that I sneakly picked it. It was sharp. I could feel the blade slightly cut my fingers. But I cared less. Knives were my strength and weakness and right now, I wanted it to be the former.

I quickly pointed it at Suzie who took a cautious step back. He had seen me play with one of these. Last time, it was blunt. This time, it wasn't. He took steps as I heard more chaos above me. Just what the hell was happening?

Suzie got distracted for a second and I took that as a moment to kick his jaw. My high kick sent him stumbling back. And then, I ran like hell.

I didn't know where I was going but my legs were on my side and pumping as much energy as they could. I tried my best to concentrate on the noises and find a way out.