Chapter One: Sam and Kenneth Gusterson

Start from the beginning

"Ken's on my tail, talk later!"

Kenneth raced past Sam at an incredible speed with his shiny new hover bike, it was more advanced and aerodynamic than Sam's older model.

"Give it up freak boy! You don't stand a chance!" Kenneth shouted as he turned around to taunt him. 

Sam would not let it phase him, he started to look for the location of the drone that was hiding. When he looked up ahead Sam noticed many wind turbines in what was once a wind power farm. These turbines were now covered in vines and left to decay. 

Sam needed to retrieve a flag that was attached to the top of a drone. A drone that was programmed to find a random hiding spot. 

Unaware of which wind turbine the drone would be hiding in, Sam began his search. 

While his eyes scanned the wind turbines top to bottom he did not see the "Danger do not enter" sign that was also partially covered in vines.

As Sam flew closer he realized the enormity of these wind turbines. He counted what must have been thirteen or more. Some were broken and did not have their tops any longer because they had fallen to the ground.

After passing the first wind turbine Sam was greeted by a cloud of wasps, he turned on a shield to clear any insects in his path after the first few hit him. This shield repelled living creatures by activating their instincts to know to move out of the way of vehicles. 

There was one particular wind turbine that was much taller and larger than the others. On this very large wind turbine there were some faded markings. 

Sam tried to read it, but he could only make out the word "Goals."

Sam thought to himself that the word "Goals," sounded like the word that Kenneth had used many times in history class to describe a sports game's winning objective.

"There's the Goal! That's where the flag is hidden!" Sam exclaimed.

At the beach, June and many others watched as the two raced towards the wind turbines. 

She turned to her friend Rufus who did not seem to be paying attention to the game. He looked rather occupied with eating various snacks that came from his Food-E device, which was a food dispenser that materialized energy to matter.

The model of Food-E that Rufus owned came programmed with a wide array of edible items. And there were some he programmed into the device himself.

"Are those jelly beans Rufus?" June asked as she grabbed a handful from the devices tray.

"Yes indeed Juniper My Food-E device here comes equipped with a scanner which enables me to manually program the various delicacies I uh. . . sample!" he said with a very confident tone in his voice as June scarfed down the jelly beans. 

"But where did you get em? They don't make em no more!" June asked.

"Yes right you are Juniper! However in this instance I found an old bag of expired jelly beans and. . . ." Rufus said. 

"Yuck!" June interrupted.

June was still chewing when she asked Rufus "You think we'll get a chance to play? On Sam's team you know?" Rufus turned towards his small pocket computer and checked the score. 

"Hmm," Rufus said.

"He appears now .... to have eighty points," 

"That does qualify him to become team leader for this region's minor league. . .Uh. . . . Per the rules of the Sports Foundation," Rufus said as he continued to eat.