Chapter 31: i'll get you back

–JINYOUNG

"Goodbye, Jinyoung."

I can't believe hearing you say goodbye would actually pierce sharply through my chest.

What have I done?

I was too ignorant to not know how much you felt for me; but, more ignorant to not realize how much I couldn't bear to lose you.

Mark Tuan, why have I grown to fall deeply for you?

I didn't know how in the world this heart turned into a disregarded organ into a source of agony.

Time didn't tell me when I have started to feel something for you.

I remember the time when you were clueless and alone with no one to assist you; and I was the one who helped you for directions.

The way your nervousness made you stutter to the way your ears blushed red, it was all so adorable that I, myself, can admit it.

When I sent you to your classroom, you showed me a smile that radiated your purity and anyone would unknowingly smile because of it.

That time wherein I took you to the park, we sat beside each other and when your eyes met mine, I was slowly drowning in those orbs full of innocence until you chose to break our gaze and leave.

Days flew by and we began to feel comfortable with each others' presence.

Every single hug that we exchange or every single touch we give, I've learned to get used to it and I didn't want it to stop.

You were at our house and your face full of amazement was ever so amusing yet cute.

Taking off our clothes beside the pool, your beguiling body immediately grabbed my attention and I couldn't help but compliment you.

Probably that night, when we snuggled together in bed, your arms became my blanket that warmed not only my body but also my heart.

"Do you like someone?"

My mind began to panic when you brought up that question as I didn't know what to say.

Making excuses was all I could do until your persuasion got the best of me.

Coincidentally, Jackson was there and I pointed it out to you.

It wasn't a lie that I said I liked Jackson because I actually did; but, admitting it to you somehow felt uneasy for me.

When it was my turn to ask, you said you didn't like someone; but, a part of me wanted you to say it was me.

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

I asked you that when you were scanning through your notes with your headphones on and since you were so focused, I just sat there and smiled.

Our eyes locked onto each other once again and seeing them closely makes me want to stop the clock from turning.

You suddenly stood up and disappointment came when you left without bringing me with you; but, I wanted you to.

"I'm seriously fine, okay? I'm just........tired that's all. I gotta get to class. I'll see you guys later."

Your words didn't convince me so I tried to insist you to come with us; but, you shoved us away.

Didn't you know how you were also affecting me?

When you didn't come to the cafeteria, I became more and more anxious about you yet I didn't want to show it on the outside.

Jaebum and Youngjae left saying that they had something to do; but, I also wanted to leave and check up on you.