Chapter 12: eccendentesiast

–3RD PERSON

Mark walked to school with a blank face while looking down on the pavement.

He paid no attention to his surroundings, to the point where he almost got hit by a speeding truck.

Luckily, the horn snapped him out and he managed to escape death.

He arrived at school, wishing he wouldn't see or hear a single word about Jackson or Jinyoung; but, to his dismay, the two were waiting for him.

He tried to turn to the other direction but the two walked closer to him.

What could he do now?

"Oh, hey guys. What's up?" Mark tried to look okay but all he could give was the weakest smile he could possibly put on.

"Hyung, you've been acting like this since yesterday. Don't act like you could hide it. Tell us, hyung, we're here to lis-." Jinyoung was cut off by Mark.

"I'm fine, Jinyoung." Mark gave a somewhat pissed off voice which made the two even more concerned.

"Mark, this isn't like you at all. You seriously have a probl-." Jackson's sentence was also cut by Mark

"I'm seriously fine, okay? I'm just........tired that's all. I gotta get to class. I'll see you guys later." Mark tried to avoid them as much as possible but before he could leave, Jinyoung grabbed Mark's hand and pulled him to make Mark face Jinyoung.

"Then, let's go to class together."

"No need, Jinyoung; you two go on ahead. I still have somewhere to go to. Bye." Mark gave a soft smile before leaving the two, who are now confused as ever.

•••

The bell now rang for lunch and everyone rushed to the cafeteria while Mark just walked slowly with his earphones on, trying to block everything that might help him think about Jinyoung and Jackson.

In fact, Mark didn't have the guts to go at all. He lost his appetite, he feels numb after his breakdown last night, and he just wants to have a bit of solitude.

As he was about to reach the cafeteria, he saw his friends, including Jackson and Jinyoung.

They were all going to the cafeteria until they noticed Mark and called him but he immediately turned around and avoided everyone.

"Where's he going?" Bambam wondered why Mark went the other direction.

"He probably just left something in the classroom. Come on, guys, my stomach's growling." Jackson said and all of them entered the cafeteria.

Several minutes have passed and Mark still hasn't come.

JB and Youngjae couldn't help but think about Mark.

"Hyung, do you think Mark hyung will still come?" Youngjae whispered to JB's ear.

"I feel like he's not gonna make it. I think we should check on him." JB whispered to Youngjae.

"Mark hyung seems to be light-headed recently. I heard that someone saw him, almost getting hit by a truck." Youngjae reported to JB

"What are you two talking about? You two really like whispering to each others' ears." Bambam spoke then gave a cheeky smile. All of them were now staring at the two.

"Uhh..... it's nothing. Me and Youngjae has to go to the ......." Jaebum then turned his head to Youngjae, signaling for him to help him come up with an excuse.