Chapter 28: truth be told

"What is it?" Jackson looked at Mark with questioning eyes as he waited for the other's response.

"Would you mind if I asked about...... why the two of you broke up?" Jackson listening to Mark's question made him giggle.

"No, I wouldn't mind. What about it?"

"Well, you see, I never really got to know why the two of you ended your relationship when you were so in love with each other. I just want to know why or what made you separate." Mark stared at Jackson, who was gazing at the sky while listening to the older's words.

"I would tell you; but, I'm not sure if you would like the answer."

"I don't care, just tell me, please." Mark was persistent to know why things have changed between them.

"You." Jackson softly answered as he looked into Mark's eyes that were full with shock.

'So, it is true.'

Mark thought to himself as he contemplated on all his actions, which resulted in his silence.

The two of them were beside each other yet it felt like they were distant and unable to open their mouths.

"What happened?" Mark suddenly opened up a conversation topic and Jackson was somewhat taken aback by the randomly popped-up question.

"Well, two years into the relationship and things were somewhat going smooth until they were days when he would cry out of nowhere. There were nights when he would have nightmares and he would scream in the middle of the night." As more words left Jackson's mouth, the more attentive and interested Mark became.

"Whenever I hug him, I didn't feel the spark that we used to have and it's like the two of us suddenly became distant. In many times, we would talk less and would feel uncomfortable with each other; but, I said to myself that we can fix this relationship." Jackson faced the ground and continued talking.

"Sometimes, my thoughts tell me that we don't have the connection like before; but, I chose to brush it off, you know? Until one night when I arrived home, he was already asleep. When I was ready to go to sleep, I laid beside him and whispered in his ear that I loved him but he said..." Jackson paused his sentence and the other became impatient.

"He said what?"

"He said, "I love you, Mark"." Mark's eyes widened and he was left speechless hearing those words.

"The moment he said that, I thought he was just tired and wasn't thinking properly; but, after contemplating about everything, I realized that we did fall out of love." Mark's heart panged listening to Jackson and guilt hit him hard on the chest.

"The morning we woke up, I asked if he wanted to talk about us. He said that we were beginning to break each other and it's best if we would just let go of the title and continue to be friends, which I agreed to; but, the both of us were still awkward yet as time flew by, we learned to be comfortable with each other and remained as friends." A soft smile appeared on Jackson's face while Mark couldn't decipher what the smile meant when he had destroyed a relationship.

"Jackson..." Mark spoke with a nervous tone as Jackson faced him.

"I'm sorry." Those words left Mark's mouth with guilt included; but, the younger just smiled at him.

"Don't apologize, Mark. I may have lost him; but, I found another, who eventually will be with me forever." Jackson's cheeks blushed saying those words.

"What's her name?"

"Her name's EunBi, but she prefers to be called SinB. I met her when I went to Hong Kong and I didn't expect I'd meet her there, a Korean woman in China. Maybe, fate brought us together and now we're here, almost getting married." The pain in Mark's heart soon faded a bit, seeing Jackson smile.