Chapter 29: before it's all gone

The seven men were escaping the hustle and bustle of the city, driving off to a high peak to see the perfect view off the night sky.

A few minutes more and it would already be the start of a new year and the excitement grew even more.

They, then, arrived at a cliff and it was the perfect spot to see the spectacular scenery of the city's lights.

Everyone got out and jumped to the top of the car, enjoying the cool air as they began to reminisce their memories before the year ends.

When Jaebum checked his watch, he gathered everyone. "Guys, it's almost time!"

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6..." The anticipation grew higher as their voices became louder.

"3, 2, 1!" By the time they reached one, an explosion of fireworks shot throughout the night sky.

"Happy New Year!" Everyone yelled at the top of their lungs as they witnessed the magnificent sparks.

Gazing at the display of colors was absolutely pleasing as their eyes couldn't seem to look away.

"Wow!" Mark murmured to himself as he stared into the sky, enjoying the spectacular show of fireworks.

As he was into the zone, a person from behind grabbed him from his waist and he didn't have to check who it was.

It was already clear

He didn't mind the sudden attack; he was too engulfed in the moment to care about anything.

Soon, the person behind of Mark tied the older's waist with his arms and snuggled his chin in Mark's shoulder.

"Ahh...Jinyoung, that tickles." He tried removing the younger's head in his shoulder but it only made Jinyoung move his head into Mark's neck.

The stubbornness made Mark surrender and he just continued to watch the fauve colors explode in the atmosphere.

In that moment, Mark thought it was perfect, too perfect to be true.

A moment that was ephemeral.

A moment that would soon turn into a memory.

He closed his eyes, feeling the gentle and chilly breeze of the wind as it touched his skin.

'I'll just take this 'till the time that it lasts'

•••

Soon after, a few members were dropped, dead, as they lost the battle against their eyelids.

The only remaining ones awake were Jaebum, Youngjae, and Mark while the rest dozed off.

The three of them continued to talk under the stars, discussing about future plans.

"I can't believe we're almost graduating; it's too unreal." Jaebum sighed, half satisfied and half tired.

"I bet we would all be living under the same roof by the time we get our jobs." Youngjae said, chuckling as he spoke.

Mark on the other hand, had disagreeing thoughts towards Youngjae's statement.

"I'm not sure if your prediction would be entirely true, Youngjae-ah." Mark said as he put on a soft grin.