Chapter 2: memories

The five men finished their lunch and decided to go back to their respective classes.

The rest of the afternoon was just the same as any ordinary class day and luckily, it ended before the sun started to set.

Before Mark could leave the campus, the 4 boys called out to the him, asking if he would want to hangout since it's already been years since they last got together

Unfortunately, Mark denied the offer, saying he was too tired. They only decided on hanging out this weekend so that they'll have a longer time to catch up with each other.

•••

When Mark reached his apartment, he threw his bag and jumped to his bed as if he could already dose off.

Few minutes later, he got up and took a warm shower to relieve his body from the tiring day.

After those few minutes of showering, he changed into his clothes and decided to take out his things from the boxes.

He just arrived three days ago and didn't have much time to unpack everything but as he was rummaging through his stuff, he saw a picture from a book and took it out.

It was Mark and Jinyoung's photo 5 years ago when they were still best friends. Mark couldn't resist smiling as flashbacks started playing in his head.

The first time he came to Korea.

flashback

It was the first day of school and Mark was clueless on where to start, knowing that he was the silent type but despite that, he still wanted to make friends.

Fortunately, he came to school before the bell could ring and went immediately to his locker.

After organizing his stuff, he checked his schedule but had no idea where his classroom was located.

"Umm...may I help you, sir?" An unfamiliar voice spoke to Mark as he lifted his head to check who was talking to him.

"W-who me?" He said nervously to the stranger.

"Well clearly there's no one here besides you. You seem to be new to this school. Are...you having trouble with directions?" The kind gentleman tried to peep at Mark's schedule while the other froze for a split second.

"Y-yeah, I kinda am clueless to where my classroom is. Can you help me find my room?" Mark said shyly since he was embarrassed that he didn't know where his classroom was.

"Sure! That's basically my job as Student Council President. I'll take you to your class. Oh by the way, my name's Park Jinyoung. And you are?" The man, by the name of Jinyoung, opened his hand for a handshake.

"Me? I'm M-Mark. It'sapleasuretomeetyou!" Mark said quickly as he accepted the former's handshake.

Mark's ears started to turn red due to extreme embarrassment which made him wish that the earth would just swallow him whole.

"Why are your ears turning red?" Jinyoung chuckled as he saw the guy's ears turn red as tomatoes

"Yeah, it happens when I'm embarrassed. Sorry if this is really awkwa..."

"No,no! It's actually kind of cute. You're so adorable when you're all shy and blushing. Come on, let's get you to your class" Jinyoung reassured him with a glowing smile, which lessened the nervousness of Mark.

No one has ever complimented his weird trait and out of all the people, a fine looking man was the first one to do it.

Mark just shrugged it off and followed Jinyoung who was leading him to his class and after a short walk, they arrived outside of Mark's classroom.