20 // it's my turn

Liam and Scott walk in a moment later just when Theo and I stood to our feet. I fell right back over and Liam rushed to my side.

"Corey..." I mumbled, then got louder. "COREY!"

I ran out of the cabin until I found Mason. "Where's Corey?!"

"Gone. Taken. I can feel it." Mason was on the verge of tears. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he returns the hug.

"I'm sorry." I mumble

***
Hayden, Mason, Liam, and I all sat in the empty police station in front of Theo who Liam had placed in a jail cell.

"What do you know about Douglas?" Liam asks Theo, who had sitten down on a bench.

"I'm not speaking until you break the sword." Theo says, I look at Liam.

"How about we keep the sword and you tell us everything or we kill you ourselves." Hayden threatens. Theo shakes his head and walks closer to where we stood outside of the cell.

"I don't want a pack. I don't want to take anyone's power. I just want to stay alive, just like everyone else." Theo says. I could relate.

"Break the sword Liam. I trust him." I say and eye Liam.

"I don't." Hayden speaks up.

"Me neither." Mason adds.

Liam didn't say anything. "You'll tell us everything you know if I break it...right?"

Theo nods and Liam takes the sword by it's handle. He glances at me and I nod before Liam jerks and the sword falls into pieces. Almost immediately, Theo keeps his promise.

"Douglas is a Löwenmench." Theo begins.

"A what?" I ask and look at everyone, only Mason seemed to know.

"It's a half wolf half lion." Mason explains.

"He was a Nazi captain." Theo continued. "He was going to use The Hunt to win the war but The Hunt basically killed all the soldiers that he was with. They whipped Douglas and left a gash on his back. He went out to search for supernatural doctors to fix the gash and found The Dread Doctors. Without Douglas's consent the Doctors captured him and held him for seventy years in a tank full of water, but the gash on his back contaminated the water and kind of made him stronger."

Before any of us could say anything the front door to the station swung open and A Ghost Rider stood there holding a whip. Mason stood in front, Theo had gone silent and Liam had a protective arm around me and Hayden. The Rider threw out his whip and it wrapped itself around Mason's neck.

"No!" I screamed and tried to run forward to help him but Liam held me back.

"Run...RUN!" Mason screams just as he exploded into a cloud of green smoke.

"MASON!" Liam screamed and transformed. He growled and his eyes glew yellow. Liam attacked the Ghost Rider. I turned around to Theo.

"What do we do?" I yell and he doesn't reply. "Theo! Help us!"

"You can't do anything! They'll take everyone!" Theo yells back to me and my eyes stung with tears. I turned around and saw Hayden with a whip rapped around her wrist. A second Ghost Rider came in and grabbed her other wrist. Liam was trying his hardest to pull the whip away from the Rider. I ran and grabbed the other one but I knew it wouldn't do any good.

"Liam you have to let go!" Hayden yells.

"No!" Liam yells through his gritted teeth.

"You can save me and everyone else later. But you have to let go!" Hayden says and Liam hesitates.

"I'll save you, and Mason, and everyone." Liam says and releases the whip and so do I. Then Hayden explodes into a cloud of smoke. I thought it was over, I thought they were going to leave but next they turned to where they were facing me. I cursed under my breath. Liam stepped in front of me.

"Liam, it's okay. They're going to take me whether you like it or not." I say strictly but Liam doesn't move from in front of me. "Liam!"

Liam looked over at me and shook his head. "No!"

"I don't want you to get hurt trying to save me. You can save, me, Mason, and Hayden, but not by fighting them. I know it." I say and Liam looks at me. He brung his hand up to my cheek and wiped away a stray tear.

"See you soon." I say and step in front of him, almost immediately  I felt a whip jerk around my waist I gasped and everything blurred.