➳ 59

TWO WEEKS have passed since Anastasia has given birth to her baby

TWO WEEKS have passed since Anastasia has given birth to her baby. Jeremiah was sleeping in his crib across the room, snoring softly as he slept. She waited for Dylan to get home while she watched the tv. Her head rested against the pillows and she was struggling to keep her eyes open. Just as she was about to shut her eyes, she heard the front door being unlocked.

She listened as Dylan's heavy footsteps came closer to their room, and watched as he poked his head through the door. He smiled at her and quietly climbed into their bed. Anastasia laid her head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around her tightly. Kissing the top of her head gently, he let out a deep sigh of relaxation.

"I wanna go out tonight. Just you and me," Dylan said.

"What about Jeremiah?"

"Julia offered to watch him. She wants to spend time with him."

"And where would we be going?" Anastasia asked.

"It's a surprise," he whispered.

Anastasia laughed as she looked up at him, "Fine. I guess I can spare a few hours away from Jeremiah."

Dylan was about to kiss her when they heard the sound of a whine coming from across the room. Anastasia was just about to get up when Dylan stopped her, "I got him."

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, relaxing, and taking care of Jeremiah. Once Julia came, Anastasia and Dylan left the house to wherever Dylan was taking them.

Throughout the drive, Anastasia would ask him where they were going, and why so suddenly. But Dylan would just answer with the same response, "It's a surprise."

When they neared the destination, Dylan handed Anastasia a scarf. She looked at it with confusion, then back at Dylan. "What's this for?" She asked him.

"It's a blindfold. Put it on," he told her.

She eyed him with suspicion but obeyed. She covered her eyes with the piece of fabric, tying it at the back of her head. She felt the car drive for a few more minutes before it came to a complete stop. She heard as Dylan got out of the car and walked to her side, helping her get out. She held onto Dylan's arms while he led her in the direction he wanted her to go.

When they stopped walking, she felt Dylan move away and go behind her. She felt the blindfold becoming loose, and her eyes adjusted to the light. In front of her, there was a large blanket laid out on bright green grass with little colored lights coming out. Behind it was a beautiful view of the ocean with the sun beginning to set. Everything was laid out on a small cliff with beautiful plants and flowers surrounding it.

"Dylan, this place, it's beautiful," she told him.

"I thought you might like it. I found it the other day and just thought of this. The perfect date night," he said. Dylan took her hand and led her to sit on the blanket. There they sat, watching at the sun moved towards the horizon, the sky becoming a beautiful color. They ate, they talked, and they laughed.

Dylan soon took Anastasia on a small walk along the shoreline. They messed around, at times splashing water on each other, and just enjoyed each other's presence. And although Anastasia wished she could stay there forever, she knew they would have to be going home soon to Jeremiah.

"Dylan, it's getting late. We should probably start heading home," Anastasia said.

"Yeah you're right. I just haven one more thing. It a, a gift," he said. Dylan handed Anastasia what looked like a simple shell. But when she turned it around, she saw a beautiful ring coming out from it. She gasped as she saw Dylan getting down on one knee, and talking the ring from her hands.

"Anastasia Pierce, our relationship hasn't always been the easiest, of the most perfect relationship. But no relationship ever is. But you, you make me want to work for a perfect relationship. You make me a better man. You have always been there for me when I needed you. You make me happy on the darkest days, you gave me the greatest gift I could ever have been given. You gave me Jeremiah and have brought so much love into my life. I can't imagine it without you. So will you, Anastasia, make me the happiest man alive, and will you marry me?"

Anastasia laughed as she nodded her head, "Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!"

Dylan stood, picking up Anastasia in his arms. She wrapped her arms tightly around him, hearing the sound of a camera. She peeled her head up and saw Parker taking pictures of the moment.

"Parker?"

Dylan places Anastasia down, laughing at Parker being caught, "I asked him to come take pictures. I thought we'd might want to have pictures of this day."

"Hi Ana! Congratulations by the way. Just pretend I'm not here," Parker told her.

But Anastasia didn't mind. She just nodded at him and looked back to Dylan. He grabbed her hand, sliding the ring onto her finger, and interlocking his with hers.

The two enjoyed the rest of their night, and soon began to make their way home. On the ride home, Anastasia just kept looking at the ring on her finger. She couldn't take her eyes away from it. Her attention continued on her ring until her phone suddenly began to ring. She didn't recognize the number but still answered.

"Hello?"

"Anastasia! It's Sophia! I'm sorry to disturb your night but it's urgent! I have news!"

"Sophia? Is everything alright? What? Has something happened?" Anastasia asked, the tone of her voice worrying Dylan.

"Anastasia? Who is it?" He asked.

"It's Sophia, from the hospital by dad's in."

"Anastasia! Come quick! It's your father! He's awake!"