Chapter 6

I woke up to my phone buzzing. It's only been two hours since I fell asleep. Without even looking, I slid to answer.

"Mmm" I answered the phone have sleep

" Koi, can you transfer 25 dollars to my account." It was my mom and she was speaking in a whisper.

"Yeah, why what's going on"  I said sitting up. Trying to maintain a whisper so I wouldn't disturb Karly.

" I'm taking your brother and I'm leaving. I can't deal with him anymore." She broke down quietly.

The man he's talking about is my father.  He wasn't always mean and abusive but ever since he lost his job, he's turned into this monster. This has been going on for two years now . I was happy that my mom is finally breaking away.

" Where are you right now," I asked.

" Just outside of Houston, I only have enough for the down payment for the apartment and a couple of nights at the hotel. I just need to fill up the tank "

"Alright , I'm gonna do it right now. Be safe ."

"I love you"

"I love you too"

I hung up the phone and got on my bank all to make the transfer. I felt Karly's hand rub my thigh.

"You good, shawty" she mumbled

"Yeah I'm just trying to handle something for my mom"

She wrapped her arms around behind while she laid down. I made a transfer of 100 instead of 25 just to give her more to work with. I sent her a text to call me once she settled. I locked my phone and laid back down.

"I'm here if you need anything shawty" Karly whispered

I thought she had fell back to sleep.

" thank you , go back to sleep"

" you first"

I smiled and cuddled up next to her. She rubbed my back softly until I drifted off to sleep.

10:30 am

Karly's alarm went off and I heard her groan. She didn't get up though. I'm pretty sure 5 minutes have passed already. I got up and tapped her shoulder

"Karly , you're gonna be late"

She didn't say anything just pulled me on top of her. I smiled and stayed quiet for a few seconds.

" I ain't tryna go shawty" she groaned

My heart exploded on the inside , she sound sexy as hell right now.

"Well you need to, your degree ain't gonna earn itself "

She didn't say anything just rubbed my back . I rolled my eyes and just laid there . A moment passed and she tapped me letting me know she was getting up.

By now it was 10:45 . She made her way to the bathroom and I put my jeans back in from last night and placed her shorts in her hamper. She came from out of the bathroom to get her things for her shower .

"I'm bout to go, so I can get ready for the day "

"Aight , shawty. I'll text you later and see where you at"