Chapter 4

I pulled up to Anderson and pulled out my phone to text Karly that I am outside. As I waited for her to come down, I scrolled down my music library to find a song to play. I settled on Free by 6lack. When I looked up from my phone, I saw the most stomach-turning thing ever. Gia, walking with Karly. I rolled my eyes. Why every time I'm interested in someone, they're always acquainted with Gia.

"Oh, so that's who you going out with, hey girl, " as Karly walked up to my car.

I gave her a wave as Karly opened the door.

"Well, let me know if you're coming back over," She said before Karly shut the door.

I'm tripping, is she trying to be funny right now? Like do I really need to go off today?

" I got you" and she shut the door

I took a deep breath and put the car in drive.

" How was class, Shawty?"

" It was good, they were just talking about Pretty Nasty"

"You going to that?" she sounded a little excited

" Nah, are you?"

" Yeah, I was thinking about it. Wanna come with me?"

"I don't know, I'm not big on partying"

" I'll pay for you, If you decide to go"

Damn, she must really want me to go to this party.

" I'll let you know by 8 tonight," I told her

She nodded and grabbed my phone. She began pressing the next button on my music.

" What is this, you in your feelings or some. Where the lit music at, " she asked.

" Nah, It's just the playlist."

I chuckled and grabbed my phone from her. When we pulled up at a stop light, I went through my music. I played Moonlight by XXXTentacion and turned up the volume.

" Better?"

" Yeah, this will do," she said nodding her head to the beat.

Sonic's was a good 15 min from campus but it's so much traffic cause the local schools are letting out. I'm stuck between 2 buses and the one in front is making stops every block.

" Yo, this is getting annoying," I blurted out tapping the steering wheel.

" You should've gone the back was shawty, take a left up here."

I turned left and followed her directions until we pulled up to Sonics.

" Dang, you real live the goat."

I pressed the order button and Karly ordered her a blue raspberry slush and me a Vanilla Mint slush. I know it's a weird flavor but it is so good, trust me. We waited in the car until they brought out or drinks.

" So, why haven't I seen you around campus before the day I made you drop your phone," She asked positioning herself towards me.

I shrugged, " I don't know, I really just be in my room making wigs. Rather be making money or doing my homework."

" I respect that, to be honest with you I couldn't get you out my head. You the baddest on campus shawty."

I looked down and smiled.

" Thank You. It's crazy I never seen you before until that day too. "

Our drinks came and Karly paid. I handed her a straw and her drink. Swear the weather is booming and the slushie just hit the spot.

" So, you like bi or you full-blown, " she asked

" I'm Bi. I've had dudes and girls, but I ain't ran through if that's what you was trying to see"

She laughed, " I'm dead, it's just some of y'all fems be tripping or fake gay."

" Well, I ain't tripping my shoelaces tied"

" You funny yo, I ain't never heard someone say that"

My phone went off, it was the group chat.

🅱️aylor

Pretty Nasty?

Me

Karly asked me if I wanted to go. I said I'll think about it

Lissa💕

Let's goooo! Koi you never go anywhere. YOU COMING!👌🏾🗣

Me
🙄

"I'll go to Pretty Nasty with you," I told Karly

"Aye, for real?"

"Yeah Lissa, Making me go," I said rolling my eyes.

" I like that you don't party, I usually talked to a girl I met at a party."

" Explains why we never saw each other," I joked

I started up the car and made our way back to campus. I needed a nap before going out tonight. Karly walked me back to my dorm. Should I invite her inside?

" Karly, you wanna come in with me. "

"Yeah, I ain't got nothing else to do."

We went to my dorm and chilled on my bed watching tv. Now, this isn't about to turn into a Netflix and chill moment. We're laid up but not lovey-dovey laid up if you get me. She's comfortable I can say. She occasionally puts her finger in my hair, which is about to knock me straight out.

" You taking a nap shawty," she asked

"Mmhm, I gotta mentally prepare myself for tonight"

She chuckled, " You want me to leave while you take it"

No, I sure don't want her to go. I'm way too comfortable and I'm liking her company.

" Nah, you good. Just don't try nothing slick"

" Whatever, shawty I was gonna doze off too"

Taking naps are wonderful, but taking a nap with someone is even better. Before you knew it we were both out.

~~

A/N This one came a little quicker, aren't you proud. Make sure you vote and comment. I love feedback, give me ideas too. Follow me on the snap : picklemonroe . Thaanksss