( 𝟎𝟎𝟕 ) on the road again

Start from the beginning

When Zoe caught him looking straight at her in a trance, she felt the blush rise to her cheeks, just as Nate looked away quickly, pretending that he hadn't been looking at her once before. Ever since she and Nate had met, she felt drawn to bring him out of his shell, and she had no idea why. It was like a mission, to get him to open up, and she wanted to complete it. She knew she was getting there.. She also needed to thank him for saving her life the other night, as she didn't know what would happen if he wasn't there for her, she owed him, big time.

Within the next ten minutes of ensuring they had everything ready for the journey and they had all of their belongings with them, they all set off in their multiple vehicles and started to drive towards the CDC, all hoping that Rick was going to be right, and there would be safety there. They didn't know what they were going to do if he was wrong. Zoe didn't exactly know what to think about the CDC, but if her dad thought that it was a good idea, then she will do whatever he suggests. She will always, trust her father, no matter what.

____

After a while of driving down the roads, dodging parked cars left right and centre, the RV had eventually broken down, causing the group to pause with their journey and wait for Shane and T-Dog to come back with something from the gas station, to be able to fix the RV. They couldn't leave it behind, as it was a big importance to the group, so they had to push through and try and fix it with what they had. Zoe was currently sitting on the hood of the car, as the adults were talking over about what to do with Jim a few cars over, just as Nate came over and hopped up next to her, both sitting and watching as the adults commerced in conversation. It wasn't that they weren't bothered about what happened to Jim, they weren't allowed to be involved, clearly younger than the rest of the group.
Zoe sighed when she felt his presence besides her, taking a glance at the broken down RV, before looking up at Nate besides her, "That could have been me in there." She spoke quietly, motioning to the dying Jim currently in the RV, "If it weren't for you.. I never thanked you. So... Thank-you." She told him.

Nate nodded, knowing that she was really grateful for him saving her life the night before, looking forward, he spoke up, "You're welcome." He paused, "Jim wants to be left behind to turn into one of those things." He told Zoe, as he had overheard what the adults were conversing about.
He didn't agree with it one bit, but, knowing the kind of guy Rick was, Jim was going to get his wish granted. It wasn't a bad thing, to be a good person - but with how the world currently was, no body could risk being the good guy. Somebody had to be the bad cop every now and then, and by the looks of it, that guy was Shane..

"What?" Zoe gasped, looking up at him in shock, "Why would he possibly want that?" She asked. The last thing she would ever want, was to turn into one of those things, she would rather die.

Nate shrugged at her question, "Something about his family and being with them again, I don't know. I wasn't really listening." He told her truthfully.

"The worlds really gone to shit, hasn't it?" Zoe sighed, slouching down in her place. Before the end of the world happened, she hated school, but right now, she missed it. She missed the normality, she missed not worrying about dying everyday.. She missed it all.

"Yeah, it has." Nate said, sighing. Nate didn't exactly miss his old life. Having an abusive dad who beat you relentless because he believed the boy had killed his girlfriend, wasn't the best time of his life. But when the outbreak occurred, the man died, and Nate couldn't have been happier at the fact he no longer had to see his face again.. He would never admit that out loud though, afraid what Zoe would think of him if he did.