• a change of mind?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged. "Where exactly are we going, August?"

"Just hanging out at the beach, y'know, talking and shit." He shrugged, this time. "It's nothing special."

     "Okay, you can come pick me up." I smiled. "But, can you take me home, please? I really wanna take a shower."

    After he dropped me home, I waved at at him and walk inside the house. I was met by this thick girl with long, pretty red hair that stopped at her mid back. She was very pretty.

Not knowing who she was, I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "You are?"

"Lourdes," She smiled, showing her dimples. "Jacob's girlfriend."

"Oh," I chuckled and nodded. "I'm Zonnique."

"I've heard of you." She nodded. "From Jake, and Bahja. How come I've never met you?"

    "How'd you know Bahja?" I tilted my head. "But, to answer your question, I was in the hospital and I was in jail." I shrugged. "Probably why."

"Ah, gotcha." She nodded, once again. "I'm Bahja's sister, Lourdes Rodriguez. We have different moms."

"Ah, gotcha." I repeated after her and we both giggled. "I'mma go take a shower. I'll talk to you in a while."

She nodded. "I'll be down here."

"Whenever Jacob comes, tell him I'm home." I spoke, jogging up the stairs.

      As soon as I reached my room, I took my clothes off and instantly stepped in the shower, letting the warm liquid fall over me. I smiled. It's been forever since I took a good ass shower.

       I put on some short and a tank top when I was done. I went downstairs to see Lourdes straddling Jacob's lap as they made out. I cleared my throat as I placed my hands on my hips. They quickly pulled away.

"Oh, uh, Zonnique.." Jacob chuckled nervously. "Hey."

Lourdes got off his lap and giggled. I rolled my eyes at Jacob. "Did you not miss me?"

     He stood up and gave me a tight hug. I laughed and pulled away. He kisses my forehead. "I missed you so much, lil sis!"

"Sure, you did." I chuckled before walking inside the kitchen, taking out stuff to make a sandwich.

     "Everybody's coming over." Jacob spoke in the living room. "So, we can hang out for a while since you're back now."

-

    "Thank you, Ray." I smiled at him, after we had a small conversation about my time in jail. He gave me a puzzled face, probably wondering why was I thanking him. "For helping Chresanto out."

"Oh," He chuckled. "It was the least I could do since I never came to see you." I nodded and smiled at him.

     "Did y'all rob a bank?" I cocked my head to the side. "I know bailing me out was a lot of money. What did y'all do?"

    "Hell yeah, it did." He nodded, laughing. "But, don't worry about how we got the money. The only thing you should be worrying about is that you're out." He kissed my nose, making me blush.

      "Zonnique!" I head someone yell. Hearing her voice, I knew well that someone was Bahja. I turned around as she came running towards me. She squeezed me to the death. "I'm so happy that you're out!"

I giggled. "You're killing me, Bahj."

       She pulled away and smiled like an idiot. I poked her cheek and walked away. I sat in the living room as everybody settled down so we can watch a movie. Jacob, his girlfriend, Ray and Bahja sat on the couch. While Chresanto and I sat on the floor. I sat in between his legs and he put his chin on my shoulder.