Rumor

a/n: happy new year y'all! just so you know, someone is going to die in the near future 😏

and BTW, the bitchy jennie which had been mentioned in previous chapters—y'all have not seen her actual bitchy side
*remember: we read about jennie in QUEENS after she had sohyun, and that lil girl made jen a bit soft throughout the whole book

this jennie is totally different. lol sorry for the long ass note 🤪

"She still bothers me." Wendy let hot air slip through her nostrils, Yeri glanced in Wendy's direction, then back at the cafeteria table where the Queens sat.

"Who? Jennie?"

"Her and that one girl."

"Lisa?"

"The red-head? No, I'm talking about the one who's dating Jimin."

"Ah, Chaeyoung. She's so nice though, what did she do to you?"

"I feel like she's the worst one of them all though."

"You could be worse." Seulgi grumbled, still bitter over Wendy's fishy antics. Sooyoung shot Seulgi a confused look, then shrugged it off nonchalantly.

Wendy narrowed her eyes at the blonde.

"Seulgi...I'll take that as a compliment."

"Mm, take it as you want." She grinned, baring her shiny white teeth in all plasticity. "But it wasn't a compliment."

She rolled her eyes, getting up from their table and stormed out of the cafeteria. Irene frowned.

"What's with her?"

"Nothing. She must be dealing with PMS or something." Wendy lied, resting her chin in her palm.

Seulgi sure wasn't being discrete about her dissatisfaction with Wendy. Seungwan didn't like it.

Maybe she would have to shut this girl up with other ways.

"Waterside Festival is this weekend." Jisoo glanced at her phone. "You know who I think should be there?"

Jennie glanced up from her lunch.

"Hoseok."

"Friday night." Jennie posed. "The Festival is Saturday afternoon. We go at Friday midnight."

"All of us?" Lisa questioned.

"Yes. Of course. Do you have any other...obligatory events?"

"No, of course not." Lisa grinned. "I wouldn't miss this kind of heist for the world."

Chaeyoung sighed. "Don't you think just giving money would be better? We could pay him out—like bail."

"Peaches, it doesn't work like that in that hellhole." Jennie bit her lip. "We are dealing with our rich ophidian parents. Who knows what connections they have that makes sure Hoseok stays there forever? You heard what his grandmother said—I'm not doubting that they don't have good intentions for him either way."

"Yes but—" she sighed again. "I don't know. Whatever, I'm in."

Jisoo pulled out her phone. "I'll text everyone. Your place after school today to explain the situation?"

The brunette nodded. "Make sure you're all there. Clear?"

"Crystal." The three chimed in unison. Lisa was about to speak when a voice caught their attention.

"You know, I heard Officer Nayeon was looking into why Jennie disappeared. I don't get why though...why leave for no reason?"

Wendy snorted, stealing a look at Jennie before turning back to Joy.

"Joy, it's simple. Why leave her boyfriend for so long? Maybe she had other intentions."

Lisa watched Jennie tense. The brunette's knuckles clenched, turning white. She loosened them several times, before turning to Wendy with a deathly calm look.

"You're just desperate to start drama, aren't you?"

"Just doing your job for you, sweetheart. Isn't that what you're supposed to be doing anyways?"

Jennie ground her jaw, Chaeyoung cleared her throat loudly.

This even caught the Golden Boys' attention from the table down the aisle.

"Watch it, Wendy. I'm being nice just because you're new."

"Oh please. Spare me the hospitalities."

"Fine then." She grinned sardonically. "I will. Maybe you shouldn't spread rumors faster than you spread your legs."

Wendy gasped. "And you really think you have the right to say that? Chaeyoung, coming from a little cheater like you—I'd say that's a tad hypocritical."

"Call me a cheater, but that was so last year." Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes.

"Try again bitch. You'll never take Jennie's place."

Jungkook leaned back in his seat with a smirk, glancing at Jimin.

"You know, Yeri asked me how Chaeyoung could possibly be friends with Jennie."

He pointed at the strawberry blonde as she led the four girls out of the cafeteria.

"This Jimin, this is exactly what we've been missing."

Turning, Seulgi watched the four leave with a smirk. She glanced at Wendy from across the room, blinking slowly.

She smiled at the fuming girl, who narrowed her eyes more at Seulgi. The blonde bit her lip, before mouthing;

"What did I tell you?"