Blonde Bombshell

If there was one thing that Jennie dreaded, it was having her parents around at home.

It seemed like Suho was on edge as well, he was always around the house even though he had his own pent which he stayed at. Mommy Dara probably forced him to stick around for "family bonding".

They were a bullshit load of "family".

"Jennie, come eat breakfast! It's French toast, your favorite." Dara grinned, tucking her perfectly curled lock of chocolate brown hair behind her ear. Jennie refrained from rolling her eyes.

There were reasons she hated her parents.

Starting of with her mother, Dara. Her name was Sandara Park, a beautiful model whom her father had fallen in love with, or as she wanted Jennie to believe, in America. Jennie never found herself close to her mother like how many of her classmates used to be, perhaps that was why she was so dependent on only herself.

Dara just seemed so fake. She always acted perfect, she was always nice to people—whether she meant it or not, who knows—she always looked good, it was so annoying. Jennie always gravitated towards disliking her.

And Jiyong, her father. She was always a daddy's girl, she preferred him to her mother, but that didn't mean she liked him either. Jennie always found herself crawling into that hole, however—she would anything to impress him.

You could imagine how disappointed Jiyong had been over her pregnancy, and what result that led onto Jennie.

"No thanks," She trailed off, eyeing the plate, then her mother. "I have to get to school."

"I'm glad you're actually excited to go to school." She flipped through a magazine, still dressed in a fancy pastel pink satin robe.

"I always have been. I actually enjoy learning." Jennie reached for a water bottle, shedding umbrage onto Dara's high school diploma.

"It wasn't always that way."

"Well it has been ever since you and Daddy went away to do work." Jennie snapped, washing her hands. "Let's just hope it stays that way."

Her mother sighed, tying a knot with the ribbon of her robe. "Jendeuk, do you know why your father and I came back?"

"I don't really care that you're back." Drying her hands off, Jennie slipped her bottle into her book bag, heading for the front door.

"Oh yeah, I don't like French toast anymore. That was so five years ago. Maybe if you stuck around more often, you would know."

With that, she slammed the door behind her.

🌟

Looks like this year is all about replacing each other! I spy a new blonde bombshell in the halls...👀
💋A

"Woah." Was all Yeri had to say once she saw Seulgi. The girl rolled her eyes, pushing past her friend to open her locker.

"You look..."

"Don't even say anything. It was an accident." She hissed, eyeing her reflection.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, but blonde hair looks really really good on you."

"Huh?" She turned to Yeri, confused. "You're telling me this looks good?"

"Hell yeah. Do you not see all these people paying attention to you? Even the school blogger is talking about you!"

"I accidentally bleached it in the shower, don't ask. I don't know how I did it—but damn, I really don't need all this attention." Seulgi slammed her locker shut, vexation rippling off of her like waves.

"Let's go, we're getting late."

Yeri followed the taller girl, still unable to get over the sudden change in hair color.

She looked like really good. And it wasn't an overstatement. Yeri didn't say that often to her friends, she preferred making fun of them rather than complimenting.

Seulgi, on the other hand was trying her best to conceal all the different forms of embarrassment she was feeling. She didn't like all this sudden attention, people eyeing her in the hallways as if she was suddenly this Lalisa Manoban 2.0.

Because she's not.

She's Kang Seulgi. So what if she dyed her hair, it being an accident or not, she was still that girl people asked for answers to the homework.

She was still the same girl who would reject them on the spot, the girl who never cheated.

She was also still an asshole to strangers.

Seulgi felt her eyes rolling again for the nth time, clutching her folder as she made her way past Taeyong and right next to him.

His eyes didn't leave her face, letting a long, low whistle.

"Damn mami, are you from Venus because you look—"

"Shut up." She drawled, giving him an unamused look. "Not the time."

"So there is a time? Seul, I didn't even know dying your hair existed in your dictionary."

She glared at Taeyong, who burst out laughing moments later.

He was always like this. Always flirting with her even though the girl was adamantly uninterested in any of his antics or him in general.

"Why are we even talking? I can't even stand being around you."

"You are a harsh woman." He shrugged. "I should be offended, but I'm not."

And she found it annoying that he never took her insults seriously.

"Ugh, whatever." She scoffed. "I don't care."

"Okay." He smirked at his paper, starting to work on a problem.

"I don't."

"Okay...keep telling yourself that."

"I really don't care." She emphasized, feeing him getting under her skin. He always knew how to annoy her, push her buttons, get her peeved.

It. Was. Annoying.

"Okay." He grinned lazily, cracking a knuckle. "That's too bad though, I thought you might care that you look nice."

"I don't care what people think of me."

"Really?" He looked into her eyes, she set a thin line with her lips.

"From what I see, I don't think so."

a/n: and you all tell me you suck at writing,, i said bitch wherr :")
also i posted a new story, if ya wanna check it out 🤧