Three

I let out a sigh and walked home, the actuality of what just happened still fresh in my mind. Mister Weekes and I.. Finally alone together... Doing things I've only dreamt about. I bit my lip and finished my walk home.

"Hey, honey," Mother said with a smile.

"Huh? Oh, hey mom."

"How was school?"

  "It was okay up until detention," I mumbled.

"Detention?! Brendon, what did you do to get  detention?"
Shit.. Come up with something quick.

"I threw pencils at Mister Weekes and didn't finish my homework," I lied, letting out a sigh.

"Brendon, you know better than that! You are not in Kindergarten! Whenever I asked if you finished your homework, you lied?"

"Mom, it was one time. Let it go."

She rolled her eyes and let it go; Clearly she was annoyed, but she'll get over it. I walked upstairs and shut my door, tossing my backpack onto the floor and plopping down on the bed. I grabbed my acoustic and started to play a few chords.

"Brendon, supper's ready!" I heard my father call; he was much louder than my mother and it scared me sometimes.

"Coming!" I shouted as I put my guitar down and ran downstairs. I shot a look at my dad and he did not look pleased.

"Sit at the table. Your mother is placing everything on it instead of having it sit in the pots and pans. We need to talk," his voice was very serious and it sent me into a slight panic.

"Y-yes?"

"Stop acting like a child. You're in highschool. Your education and future is far more important than whomever you're trying to impress. Why did you walk instead of taking your car?"

"Someone stole it," I mumbled.

"Someone what?!" My father shouted; this caused me to curl up and hug my knees.

"I'm sorry!"

My father stood up, walking towards me," Do you know how fucking expensive that was?!"

"Y-yes, sir."

"Clearly you fucking don't!" He shouted as he slapped me.

I curled into a tighter ball and started to cry," P-please... I'm sorry!"

He picked me up by my shirt, growling lowly," You're going to dry your eyes and go find that fucking car. Got it?!"

I nodded slowly before he began to throw punches," Go find your car," He let me go and I ran to the door.

"Y-yes, sir," I said before walking out.

"I told you he wasn't responsible."

I began to run down the street, looking in every driveway before deciding to walk to the police station. I held my face and continued to look.

"Shit," I mumbled. "Who would want to steal that car? It's not even all that great."

"A car is a car, Bren," I heard someone say as they placed a hand on my shoulder.

I stopped and stood still, hoping the man would go away. I looked at the hand and relaxed.

"Are you okay?" Mister Weekes asked.

I slowly nodded and held a hand over my eye, the light was beginning to become a bother.

"Face me and tell me what's wrong."

I shrugged and stayed facing forward.

"Brendon, now."

I flinched a little before turning to face him," S-sorry, sir."

"It's okay.. I just don't like talking to the back of your head.. Now, tell me the truth, is everything alright?"

"Y-yes, sir. Everything is great," I lied, hoping he'd buy it.

He slowly moved my hand away from my eye and a frown appeared on his face," What happened? C'mon, lets go inside."