He wanted to scream to the heavens that this was truly the girl he had been seeing in his dreams since he could remember. He wanted to tell her, but knew she'd think he was crazy and the LAST thing he wanted was for her to run off.

That tug he felt as soon as she walked in the bar that night that caused him to turn and look her directly in the face said it. How he felt when he heard her voice said it. How he felt when he touched her said it. The hair was standing up on the back of his neck just thinking about it.

He knew he had to be patient, that's why he wouldn't do anything she didn't ask him to herself. It kept him in check, and grounded. He needed her to feel comfortable, no matter how much he wanted to just to take the lead on everything. He sighed, and rubbed his strained eyes, tired from the laptop screen, "Focus, mate. You meet with Eyefull tomorrow and CANNOT fuck this up. Worry about Ni'Kya later."

-🌻-

"Back at it again. Fuckin' Eyefull....." I turned to see my coworker Sean getting out of his car, clearly still not sober from the previous shenanigans of the weekend.

"Yeah well. At least we are in house an no longer freelancers. You know who they are putting on that new project yet?" I say as he handed me a Dunkin Doughnuts styrofoam cup and bag.

"Girl naw. You know they ain't gone say shit til today. Whoever this new n*gga is that we are working with will be there too. Apparently he's some big deal over in Korea."

I raised an eyebrow, "Where you heard that at?" I say taking my first sip, letting the hot liquid warm my throat.

"Chile, you know I STAY with the tea. I ALWAYS find out." We made our way to the front and badged ourselves in.

"Then how come you don't know who they puttin on the project then?

His 'bitch please' face was real strong as we walked over to the elevator to get to our floor, "Look, bitch. I can't get everything..." We giggled as the doors closed, taking us up to start our work day. As soon as we walked in and headed for our desks, "Ms. Parks, could you come in here please."

I looked over to see Tommy, my boss, peaking his blonde, hipster styled head from his office door. I looked over to Sean who shrugged his shoulders, "Uh. Okay. I'll be there in a sec." he nodded and disappeared back into his little cave.

"Girl what'd you do for him to call you by your last name?" Sean asked as we sat our stuff down.

"Ion know. I'm just as clueless as you." I say as I start to walk in the direction of Tommy's office. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I honestly had no clue what he was calling me in for. Yal were usually cool but.. Bitch, you know you got a whole attitude with him last week. He finna lite dat ass up.

I knocked on his door before entering, giving a slightly nervous smile.

"Heyy, Ni'Kya, take a seat." He motioned to a chair in front of his desk. I slowly sat down, still on alert for what he might say "Sorry if I startled you earlier. I know I don't use last names, but I'm working on sounding more professional for our new client." Okay n*gga, get to the point. "So as you know, we will be working with another company or lead person on this for this client. They specifically asked for them. What I DIDN'T let you all know is who would be working with them. They wanted someone who was already in the motion graphics department, but I gave them your name as a suggestion because I believe your portfolio style would mesh WAY better with them than ANYBODY they have over there." Aaannnnddd????? "And they chose you!"

"Oh my God! Tommy are you serious?!" I almost jumped out of my seat.

"Yes! Now, it is going to be hard. They did say however, if you do a good job and knock this out of the park, they will more than likely move you to that department." I couldn't stop grinning, "Now as much as I would miss you, I KNOW you've been wanting to be over there for years. This is your chance. I'm definitely rooting for you."