Chapter Four: Girl in New Orleans

Start from the beginning

I guess in the mess that is going on around us, neither of us realized that we haven't fed from each other in almost a week. I gasp realizing our little girl hasn't been getting all the nutrients she needs.

"Almost a week, Nik how could we forget? She must be starving!" I say looking down at my stomach.

That would also explain the reason my reflexes weren't as fast when those vampires attacked Hayley and me.

I look at Nik with big bright blue eyes and his hold the same concern.

"Shh. Love, it will be okay. You need to feed and we can't forget about it again. Do you think you could do blood bags if it was my blood? That way if I'm not around again or you get hungry you could feed?"

I think about it. Would it work? Possibly. Am I willing to try even if it brings me discomfort? Yes. I really wish Anna was here to tell me. Thinking about her just makes me angry at her again.

"We can try. Do a blood bag and I'll try it later today. I'm willing to try anything to keep this from happening again."

He nods and guides his wrist to my lips. I let my vampire face take over my features. My fangs lengthen and I bite into Nik's offered wrist gently. I pull long gulps of blood, feeling myself grow in strength.

Nik holds me tight listening to the heartbeat coming from my stomach. I listen as well hearing the strong little pitter-patter if her heart. He rubs my arm as I feel sated for now. I go to pull away but he stops me.

"Just drink a little more, her heartbeat is getting stronger, but I want it to be as strong as it can be."

I continue to pull blood from his wrist. I bring my own hand up to pull his wrist closer to me. Feeling like I would burst if I drank anymore, I pull away. This time he doesn't stop me.

I offer him my own wrist but he shakes his head in denial.

"Later, I'll be fine. I'll drink a couple of blood bags."

I sigh knowing it's not the same for him. I don't move my hand being stubborn. When he doesn't move to feed, I bring my wrist to my mouth and bite it holding it back out to Nik. He doesn't move to take it and the bleeding holes heal.

I bring it back down to my lap knowing he's not going to feed no matter what I try.

"I promise, I'll feed later once I'm sure you're at full strength."

I nod, getting up from the bed making my way to the closet. Nik's eyes follow my naked body the whole time. I put on a matching black bra and panty set.

Nik moves behind me weaving his arms around my waist kissing my neck. I smirk moving my head to the side letting him have better access. He leaves quickly healing love bites.

"I should be going. I'll see you later, Love." Nik says pulling on a t-shirt and his leather jacket.

He leaves the room and I finish getting dressed.

I make my way down to the kitchen to get something to eat. As I make myself a bowl of Cheerios, my phone rings. I pull it out of my pocket looking at the caller ID. It's Angela.