Chapter 4: Burning Up

Start from the beginning

"How about we check out the gadget shop?" Ryan suggested, already beginning to leave the current shop.

You nodded, "That might be best."

The Doctor grabbed your hand, leading you out of the shop with Ryan close behind. The three of you slipped through the crowd towards the nearest gadget shop.

You definitely noticed that a few people were giving you and the Doctor weird looks as you approached the shop. 2018 and people still weren't comfortable with this.

The Doctor leaned and gave you a kiss on the cheek as you arrived at the shop, "Try to ignore them, (Y/N)." she gave you a reassuring smile.

Nodding, you replied, "Yeah. Okay."

Just as you were about to step into the shop, the Doctor's hand gripped yours tighter, making you stop. You looked at her in confusion.

Ryan also expressed confusion, "What's wrong, Doctor?"

"Yeah, Doc? What's up?" you asked with worry.

She then pulled you away from the crowd, Ryan followed, "Something's not right here." the Doctor said, removing her hand from yours to find her sonic in her coat.

"Wh-What?" Ryan questioned.

"I just felt the temperature rise significantly." she explained, "It's not a huge jump but... It's definitely making me feel uneasy." she said, finally finding her sonic. She pointed it up at the high ceiling, scanning it quick before bringing it back down to look at the results, "Ah. That's not good."

You sighed, "I thought you said that this was normal present day. Nothing bad was supposed to happen!"

"It is present day! Just... Not our present day."

"What?" you asked, confused.

The Doctor bit her lip, "It's an alternate universe."

"Alternate universe?!" Ryan exclaimed.

The Time Lord shushed him, "Yes. But I have no idea how we got here. We definitely didn't enter this alternate universe via the Tardis."

"So, you're saying that we walked through some kind of door to get here?" Ryan wondered.

The Doctor nodded, "Exactly. But when could we have walked through a door?"

You and Ryan looked at each other before looking back at the Doctor, "Could it have been when we came into the shop? I did feel... off when we got in." you said.

"Yes! Of course!" the Doctor agreed, "We must have coincidentally walked through the doorway as it was open. But it was only open for a fraction of a second."

"That's a hell of a coincidence, Doctor." Ryan stated.

"It's the only explanation." she replied before looking around with a look of worry, "We need to lea- oh! Woah..."

"What? What's wrong?" you asked, quickly.

"The temperature rose again. A lot."

Ryan nodded, "Now that you mention it... It does feel a lot warmer now."

"Yeah..." you said, starting to feel uneasy, "Can we get back through the door we came in?"

The Doctor shook her head, "It would be near impossible. We have to find another doo-"

The blonde was cut off by a loud explosion coming from somewhere within the crowd. Screams and shouts soon echoed throughout the building and running ensued.