Chapter 16: Secret Plan-The Public Announcement

"She has blonde hair and been my classmate since kinder. She is my best friend and she is sitting right in front of me now...shocked." Natsu said as he tried reading the expression of Lucy.

"Luce...reactions please..." Natsu said as he realized that she wasn't talking once again. He just kept his gaze to her, staring at her frozen expression, until she cleared her throat and began to pace in her place.

Once Lucy was able to get the strength to speak up, she began to mumble to herself while pacing. Suddenly she stopped and looked straight to Natsu's eyes, "Umm...do I...oh who am I fooling?" Lucy said to him as she began to pace again. While doing so, she shook her head in disagreement and tried to calm herself. When she cleared her head she looked up at him once more and stared at his grinning face.

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"Nothing...just, amused seeing you react like this." Natsu gestured to her as he continued to smile as she gave him a snoopy look.

"Well what do you expect?! My best friend just confessed to me!" Lucy shouted back as she tried hiding her cheeks that are becoming tomato because of redness

"Well to lift up your worries, I'm planning of asking you out in a different way."

"What different way?"

"The way you want it." Natsu then stood up and turned his back to her. He walked towards the door and turned the knob. But before he left he looked at Lucy again, "Just wait till I officially ask you out. Bye Luce, see you later."

"Natsu! No! Wait!" Lucy shouted as she gazed at the closed door. She suddenly felt weak so she slowly grabbed the nearest chair and sat down and stared at nothing, "Natsu just confessed to me...He just did something really surprising..."

Night fall came and everyone gathered in the restaurant to have dinner. However a cetain pink head didn't appear. Everybody questioned the blonde since she was the last person Natsu talked to.

"I said I don't know...he...he just said something then left." Lucy claimed as she tried convincing everyone in the table.

"Then what did he say to you?" Levy asked as she had some scheme in her head

"Its none of your business...its just between us." Lucy then glance at the girls as they gave her a wicked smile. "Would you guys stop looking at me like that. You  are all creeping me out."

"Well you're the one who sounds suspicious..." Loke suddenly said before he took bit of his dinner.

"Yeah Lucy...what do you have under your sleeves?" Erza then teased as she saw the blonde beauty become flushed

"Even you Erza? Aren't you suppose to be helping me out here?!"

"Would you guys quite teasing her? She'll tell us when she is ready, right Lucy?"Lissana then smiled at her which the blonde beauty warmly returned the gesture.

"Thank you Lissana! Finally someone matured enough!" Lucy exclaimed as she slumped back to her chair

"Change topic guys! So...who is game for a bon fire?" Juvia asked as she raised her hand to get everyone's attention.

"Us!"Everyone shouted before they cheered in excitement

Soon enough, after eating dinner everyone headed to the beach and started creating the bon fire. But as usual the guys did all the work while the girls just hanged out. Since they were too busy to notice the boys, they didn't noticed that the guys were nowhere to be found already.

Without the girls knowing, all the boys has gathered back in the hotel and met up with Natsu. They were all in the room of Natsu and Gajeel.

"So flame-butt, what's with calling us all here?" Gray asked as he sat down in the couch that was placed in the small living room.