Merlin FanFic -- First Kiss --

Hey there!

Here is the next chapter and i hope that you all enjoy.

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17 –

         “What’s happening?” Morgana demanded as Gaius checked over Merlin. Gaius had rushed to Merlin’s side and found that Merlin was talking and using magic and he knew that Merlin would be using his magic for a reason. Gaius checked Merlin over and found that the poison was spreading and getting worse.
“He is using magic to help Arthur.” Gaius said sitting back on his seat and looked at Morgana who seemed shocked.
“He is using magic?” Gaius nodded as he had known Merlin to use magic before when Nimueh had poisoned him and Arthur went to retrieve the antidote. Morgana looked down at Merlin shocked and she then realized how powerful Merlin was and in that moment she knew that she no longer loved him and she felt her heart grow cold towards Merlin. She could no longer love him as her equal; she would only ever see Merlin as her friend. She touched his hand and wished that she could tell him how she felt but she knew that Merlin needed her for the time being until he was better. Morgana swore to herself that she would tell Merlin her feelings once he was better and that she would talk to him about it. Gaius looked at Morgana and saw that she was in deep thought and that she looked troubled and she knew that it wasn’t about Merlin. Gaius touched her hand gently and Morgana jumped out her skin.
“What’s wrong?” Gaius asked gently and Morgana shook her head.
“Nothing. I’m just worrying about Merlin that’s all.” Gaius nodded and said nothing else as he knew that she wouldn’t tell him. He hoped that she would come round when she was ready. Gwaine looked on helplessly at Merlin and couldn’t help but feel guilty with his feelings towards Morgana. He knew that it was wrong but he couldn’t help it and he had almost run over to her and hugged her in comfort but he knew that it would raise suspicion. Morgana then looked up and met Gwaine’s eyes and then felt the same spark that he had when he looked at her and she knew that Gwaine was the one for her. She gave Gwaine a look and he knew that she would want to talk to him when all was quiet and she hoped that he felt the same way about her as she did him. She watched restlessly as Gaius finished checking Merlin and then watched as Gaius left the room so that it was only Gwaine and Morgana left.

           “Where is this damn horse going?” Arthur yelled in frustration as the horse carried on guiding him. The knights rode beside him and it seemed that the rest of the horses had been enchanted too as they were all leading together and all the knights were helpless. They crossed rivers and Arthur then found himself in the familiar woods that they had tracked before when Merlin was with them. Arthur and the other knights looked around knowing that they would be close to the beast. The horse then came to a stop and Arthur looked down at the horse that seemed to be waiting for him to move the horse on. Frowning, he carried on the hunt through the woods and then felt hope when they came across fresh tracks that were less than a day old. The knights stopped under the king’s orders and all dismounted while drawing their swords so they would be ready for action. The king drew them all in close.
“We will all move together and we will all move in a circle so we will be ready for the beast which ever way that it attacks.” The knights nodded and moved into a circle and began to move slowly through the woods listening to any sounds that would give the beast away. Arthur was at the front leading the knights and they walked for hours finding nothing and when Arthur was about to give up for the night, he heard a twig snap not far from the formation. He called the knights in close and pointed to the spot where the twig had snapped. They moved slowly like the hunters that they were never making a sound and surrounded the area. Arthur could feel his heart beating in anticipation ready for the attack and this had been what he waiting for. Another twig snapped and then the world seemed to grow silent. Arthur seemed confused for the moment as he knew that the woods never grew silent. He then heard the familiar howl of the beast as it leapt from the trees and towards the knights of Camelot.
“Remember not to be bitten and to get its blood men!” Arthur yelled and jumped into the fight.

          “Is everything alright my lady?” Gwaine asked Morgana as they were alone and Morgana blushed at the formal title.
“You know not to use my title Gwaine.” She looked up to see Gwaine nodding and he stepped towards her making her heart beat faster.

“Is there something you wanted to say?” Gwaine asked huskily and Morgana stood up and met him halfway across the room and looked into his eyes and felt her legs turn soft, Gwaine was here in front of her and she could have him. She leaned up slowly never taking her eyes from his and gently touched her lips to his. Gwaine watched cautiously as Morgana came closer and closer her eyes never leaving his and his heart was in his mouth. She was close enough for him to kiss her and he wanted to badly. He closed his eyes as he could feel her breath on his face and she seemed sweet to him. He then felt her lips on his and he was shocked. Morgana started to feel panic when Gwaine didn’t respond and she knew that she had over stepped the mark and began to pull away. Gwaine felt her pulling away but he didn’t want her too. He wrapped his arms around Morgana and pulled her to him and kissed her as if his life depended on it. Morgana felt the spark rush through her and found herself wrapped up in Gwaine and kissing him back as if her life depended on it too and she knew from this point that her life would never be the same. Gwaine finally pulled away from Morgana and gave her one gentler kiss. She smiled up at him and Gwaine felt his heart warm at that smile and he never thought that he would be able to be with a woman like Morgana.
“That was magical.” Morgana whispered and Gwaine chuckled.
“Like you then.” Morgana raised an eyebrow at Gwaine thinking that his pick up lines were terrible but that made her like him even more.
“That’s the best you got?” She teased and Gwaine shrugged. Morgana laughed and then stopped when she thought about Merlin. She glanced at him where he lay in the bed and she felt guilty for kissing Gwaine like that in front of him. She looked down and sighed. Gwaine could sense that there was something wrong and gently placed a hand under her chin so she looked up at him.
“What is it?” Morgana looked away.
“It’s us and Merlin. How am I supposed to be with him when I am falling for you.” Gwaine sighed and ran a hand through his hair.
“I know. When Merlin is better we will tell him and then we can be together.” Morgana nodded gently.
“I just hate deceiving him like this after everything.”
“I know, but things happen.”
“How can we keep this a secret?” Morgana asked panicked.
“We will meet at night and go into the woods to be together until Arthur returns and makes Merlin well.” She nodded in understanding and laid her head on his chest loving the moment.

           “Come on men! Fight harder!” Arthur yelled as they fought the beast. They had been at it for a while and Arthur knew that his knights were beginning to tire like he was; the beast seemed to sense it as the attacks were becoming more and more violent. Arthur decided that he would make a bold move to distract the beast and hoped that one of the knights would make the hit that would make the beast bleed. He glanced at Leon who was watching him and in that glance he knew that Leon knew what he wanted and went in for the kill. Leon had caught Arthur’s eye and knew that he wanted to distract the beast so someone could take out the beast and Leon would do his beast to achieve that. Arthur dove towards the beast making the beast focus on Arthur. The other knights seemed to understand what Arthur was doing and came to his aid in distracting the beast while Leon got closer behind the beast. The beast lunged at Arthur and he escaped narrowly and fell him the dirt head first. The knights were there to protect him until he got back to his feet. He glanced at Leon and saw that he was ready so Arthur made a harder attempt. Leon got ready to strike and he knew that it was now or never. Percival was there beside him with a large bottle ready for the blood. Leon glanced at Percival who nodded and so Leon struck the beast with his sword.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication

Thanks for reading :)