Merlin FanFic -- The beast --

Hey there!!!!

here is the next chapter for Merlin!! :P

i hope that you are al enjoying it so far and please keep voting and commenting. It is much appreciated and i love reading the comments.

vote

comemment

fan

the next person to fan will get the dedication

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 –

        They had been riding for hours and still they hadn’t found anything. Merlin was starting to grow irritated as they continued to search and wondered how Arthur could still keep going and still have the determination after all this time. The sun was slowly starting to fade so Merlin knew that it was late afternoon. He also knew that if they didn’t return that Uther would get worried and send out a search party for Arthur. With this in mind Merlin rode up beside Arthur.
“Don’t you think we should head back now? We are after all near the borders on Cenrad’s kingdom and it will take a few hours to ride back. We wouldn’t want you’re farther to be worried.” Arthur stopped hid horse and gave Merlin a funny look.
“Merlin. We are not leaving this hunt until we have found something. I don’t care if my farther sends out a search party. They will just have to join the hunt.” Merlin rolled his eyes and moaned internally. It was just like Arthur to be like this and not want to give up. It was good in some cases but in times like this, it really annoyed Merlin. Merlin held back so he was a few paces behind Arthur and watched him from the distance and could tell that Arthur was getting annoyed too that he hadn’t found anything. He also knew that if he didn’t watch it that Arthur would take out his frustration out on him. Merlin knew that it was part of the job of being a manservant but he always hated it and felt unappreciated. It was times like these that Merlin hated being a servant and having to keep his magic hidden. He craved to be free and equal and not have to hide who he was. Merlin was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he hadn’t noticed that Arthur had stopped as well as the other knights and carried on going. It was only when he heard a mighty roar that he stopped and found that the knights were a fair distance behind him. He glanced around quickly but found nothing. He then heard the roar again and he turned his horse round in the direction of the sound. It was near Arthur. The roar erupted once again and soon came a loud crashing. Merlin raced his horse back and was just in time to see that a mighty beast came charging out of the trees and towards them all. The knights jumped from their horses and drew their swords and spears and drew into a defense. They were ready to strike and Arthur was at the front as always leading his men. Merlin knew that this could end badly so he quickly jumped from his horse and landed softly on the ground and moved into the near by trees ready to assist them in any magical way without being seen. Once in the trees Merlin crouched down and watched in horror as a pale ghost appeared and roared. It was as pale as milk and it had a bull’s head which had caused the roaring noise. Merlin felt his knees begin to tremble and he watched on in horror as the creature got ready to attack.

            Arthur was on the front line as always and prepared his men to fight whatever they had come across. It was nothing like Arthur had seen before and he feared that he may not be able to defeat it. He called his knights together and they all stood close together with their shields ready. Arthur pointed his sword in the direction of the bull and stood ready. The bull then charged foreword towards the knights of Camelot. Arthur pushed his fear aside and yelled the command at his knights to strike foreword and fight. Arthur ran as fast as he could so he could have force behind his sword and as he got closer to the bull, he concentrated on killing it and protecting his knights. As Arthur was a few steps away from the bull time seemed to slow down. Arthur could sense everything going on around him and everything was sharper. The bull was charging and had its eyes set on Arthur only and when Arthur looked into the eyes of the bull he could see only death. It made his steps falter as he was stunned and the knights rushed forward and stood in front of him to protect him. One of his knights then lunged foreword at the bull. The bull ran at him as the knight swung and went straight through the bull and fell to the ground on the other side. Arthur couldn’t believe it. No one could strike the bull. Another knight then went to strike but suddenly the bull took its eyes off Arthur and lunged at the knight. He grabbed to the knight and lifted him as if he weighed nothing and brought his mouth down to his neck and nit. The knight screamed out in pain and thrashed but then fell still. He was dead. The bull dropped the knight and looked back at Arthur. He was horrified. The bull’s mouth was covered in blood and it looked crimson against his pale complexion. The bull then moved foreword towards the rest of the knights. Arthur had to do something as he knew that his knights would be slain if he told them to fight. No one could defeat the bull.
“Fall back!” Arthur yelled and the knights followed the command and fell back with eyes still on the bull. The bull then roared and as if knowing they were going to escape lunged foreword. Arthur then saw something run from the trees to the side of him and towards the bull. Arthur turned to look and found that it was Merlin.
“No Merlin!” Arthur yelled but it was too late. Merlin ran at the bull and intercepted the attack. Arthur knew that Merlin had no weapons and would be completely defenseless. He ran foreword knowing that he had to protect Merlin.

        Merlin ran at the bull knowing that he had to save Arthur. He vaguely heard Arthur shout his name as he ran but ignored it. Arthur had to live as it was his destiny. Merlin ran at the bull and the bull then focused on Merlin. As soon as his eyes came into contact with Merlin’s, he stopped dead in tracks. He never seen so much horror behind them and pain of the innocent that he had taken the lives of. Merlin was paralyzed by the pain and became breathless from the power of emotion that came over him. The bull was about to attack and strike when a pair of arms grabbed Merlin and pulled him. Merlin fell back weakly and was dragged across the ground. Merlin was still reeling from the horror he had seen in its eyes. Once Merlin was dragged a good distance away he was dropped to the floor. This snapped Merlin back and he turned to find that it was Arthur that had saved his life. Merlin looked back as he heard the roar of the beast.

“Time to go.” Arthur said and Merlin couldn’t agree more. He jumped to his feet and ran after the knights to their horses. They leaped up on their horses and raced in the other direction towards Camelot. Merlin looked back and found that the beast was no longer perusing them and Merlin finally could breathe again. They all rode back in silence all shocked from what had happened. Merlin glanced at Arthur and found that Arthur looked troubled. Merlin knew that Arthur would be beating himself up about the death of that knight, and wishing that he could have done more. That was Arthur. He might be a prat but Merlin knew that he cared for his knights. Merlin turned back to looking where he was going and frowned. It was a beast that he never seen before and when he got back he was sure that he was going to ask Gaius what that beast was. Merlin knew that it was a beast of magic from when he looked into its eyes. Merlin had seen the pain of many innocent people but he had also seen that the beast had a lot of magic and Merlin sensed it which put him of edge. The knights reached Camelot at dusk and they all rode straight up to the castle where Uther was waiting. Merlin got off his horse and went to Arthur who had already gotten down and was walking towards his farther. Merlin wanted to see what they knew but he had chores to do first. He would see Gaius later and together they would work out what the beast was and how to destroy it. Merlin had a funny feeling that he would be needing his magic in order to kill the beast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote

comment

fan

next person to fan gets the dedication