Chapter 11

"Why...? Why can't I be happy?" A very nostalgic feminine voice sobbed.

It was pitch black, I couldn't see anything.

"I hate my life...I hate everything..." The voice slurred each and every word as it continued to sob sadly. "Housework every day. Taking care of a child. A useless husband. Dropping out of high school." The voice slowly became louder as the owner of the voice started slamming, what sounds to be, a glass bottle on a wooden surface.

I could hear creaks as a door opened, followed by shuffling of footsteps.

"You...you useless husband!" The alcohol influenced voice spat.

"What are you on about again? I just came back from working my butt off and this is the first thing I see when I get back," A familiar male's voice scoffed.

The rest of the conversation was a blur and I could only vaguely hear small parts of the conversation. But it was very clear that they were in a fierce argument.

I didn't know why but I felt at fault, I felt guilty for the despair that these two people were feeling.

After a while, the voices seem to quieten down. A second of silence passed and the next thing I knew, a beer bottle was flying towards me at full speed while a long red-haired lady was screaming "I wish that you never existed!" at me.

Just as the bottle was about to hit me, I woke up in cold sweat. I looked around and nothing was out of the ordinary, it was my room with anime posters decorated all around.

I have been having similar nightmares since my family and I moved back here. I took deep breaths to calm down my racing heart.

I woke up a little earlier than my alarm but decided against going back to sleep, especially after that weird nightmare. I soon got up and did my morning routine, which included greeting my posters. It has already been a month since we moved and we were pretty much settled down.

I was not very certain but each and every single time after having one of those nightmares, I would have this tingly, uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach which makes me hate to stay in one position over a long period of time. To make matters worse, it was my time of the month.

Due to this, it usually makes me squirm and move around a lot in my seat during class and it affects my mood and patience level after a while.

I would get annoyed at others easily and I'm aware of this problem, which the more the reason why I try extremely hard not to snap at anybody.

I would feel just 'bleh' and guilty if I snapped at someone else because I was annoyed with my own nightmares - it's just being plain selfish and unfair.

Soon, I was already sitting in class for the first period and those little pieces of 'messaging paper' were being passed around - those folded pieces of foolscap paper that were used to write little messages to tell each other, to avoid being caught by the teacher for 'talking'.

As soon as the 'messaging paper' reached my desk, I immediately tossed it to the next person not bothering to even open it to look at its contents.

Sitting in class was just making me feel extremely uncomfortable and irritated, the constant cramps in my abdomen weren't helping either. I kept moving around to lessen the discomfort, I tried from fidgeting to shifting my butt from one side of the chair to the other side. None of these methods was helping at all.

After 10 minutes of utter discomfort had passed, another piece of the 'messaging paper's arrived at my desk. Once again, I simply tossed it to the next person.

Another few torturous minutes and I was at my limit. I raised my hand and asked for permission to go to the restroom.

It was currently Present Mic-Sensei's class. When I raised my hand, I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying whatsoever.

Immediately after I asked for permission, Mic-Sensei had his attention on me and he just had to choose this exact timing to be smart with a student.

"Okay, so Y/N-San. Thank you for volunteering yourself to answer this question. I was afraid no one would even try to answer this difficult question," Mic-Sensei said with a taunting smirk to match with his tone.

I groaned internally in annoyance while clenching my teeth before glancing at the board with the question with furrowed brows, a frown clearly visible on my face. The question was 'What is the meaning of the phrase 案内するより産むが易し(An'nai suru yori umuga yasashi) in English?'

[A/N: I'm not Japanese so I don't know whether this question is hard or not, I just saw it on Google :p]

I knew the answer to the question so I stood up and tried to answer as soft as possible so that I wouldn't sound like I was about to flip my desk to China, "Giving birth to a baby is easier than worrying about it. This is used as a reminder that fear is often worse than the actual threat or danger." However, to no avail, I felt like I still sounded restless and agitated.

The discomfort from just a few moments ago lessened by a large margin since I was able to stand up and not feel suffocated, being stuck to a chair for hours on end while listening to teachers' brain-killing lectures but I still urged to get out of the claustrophobic classroom.

Mic-Sensei he glanced at the book in the hand with a smile, probably proud that a student was actually paying attention to his lesson, for a little before saying "That's correct! You may now go to the restroom, L/N-San."

I proceeded to leave the classroom. I huffed and massaged the bridge of my nose, which was hurting while making my way to the restroom.

I leaned my weight on the sink and I looked at my reflection; I looked horrible - dark eye bags due to not having enough sleep, messy hair - from messing it up myself while I was agitated - and my skin looked so pale.

I washed my face, tidied up the messy birdnest which I call hair, stretched a little and took a deep breath before leaving the toilet - as if I was preparing to go for a war.

I went back to class and endured another few hours of torture. I was mostly in my own world, staring into space as teachers blabbered on about studies, to which I did not pay attention to. Soon, lunch break was rolling around the corner.

I felt a wave of relief when it was just 10 minutes before our lunch break. We could finally get a break from this boring hell hole.

I did a little stretching while in my seat, feeling the satisfying cracks from my stiff bones as I slowly got up. As usual, all of the girls and I sat with Izuku, Iida, Kirishima and Katsuki at the lunch table.

The girls and I bonded really well and we had already established strong bonds of friendship amongst ourselves so they weren't hesitant when I asked them if we could all sit together along with my childhood besties. Izuku, Kirishima and Iida was really warm and welcoming while Katsuki didn't seemed like he cared at all. He would occasionally get a little annoyed that us, girls, didn't control our volume and accidentally chat too loud.

It was hilarious to watch Katsuki staring - or should I say : glaring - at us in irritation when we were being "public nuisance" - that's what he calls it. To top it off with the cherry on top, I would sometimes purposely ignore his deadly glare and laugh beside his ear and turn to him with a mischievous grin.

Sometimes, he would just sigh in defeat while in other times, he would try to get back at me and say "I'm relieving Karma of his job".

Today was not out of the norm although I wasn't in a good mood. While we were all chatting and eating, I caught Katsuki stealing quite a few glances at me. I felt a pinch of nervousness but decided to just brush it off.

In class, a minute felt like a century but during the time we spend in recess, half an hour felt like a minute. Soon, we were already making our way back for our next class.

We were all still chatting but just before I entered the classroom door, Katsuki taps my shoulder and whispers a short message, "meet me after school".

I'm so sorry for being dead on wattpad for so long!! Gonna be alive and active again :)

~Neko💕